Rino8

That shiver has already been sent when Manchester United and Arsenal (and AC Milan, these clubs all talk to each other) missed out on the big cup.   American money comes with American attitudes and making the biggest and most glamourous competition a closed shop is still a high priority for clubs like Liverpool.  The fact that their board are not only complicit in this but are actually one of the main driving forces of it means I really hope this season goes the same way as their attempt to trademark the word "Liverpool". 

On 11/02/2021 at 02:18, ozvillafan said:

To be fair, I side with Klopp on this one.

You are a journalist. You are paid to ask incisive questions and produce meaningful content. You have the manager of the reigning champions in a 1 on 1 interview.

... and your question is: "Is it possible that Liverpool can still win the league?"

Really?

The best you could ever hope for was "Yes, it's possible and we'll keep fighting" - a routine answer for a boring routine question. I like that Klopp called him out by pointing out the absurdity of the question and the pure waste of his time as he's probably been asked this 15 times previously by other so-called "journalists" - if not already by this Representative for Wellingborough himself.

Totally, Geoff Shreeves is awful, I wince sometimes at his post-match interviews.  Klopp should probably answer him with a bit more class but when things are bad on a personal and professional level, dealing with someone with the intelligence and insight of a dead wasp like Shreeves must be incredibly irritating.

Just realised Liverpool have now lost 3 in a row. Their next fixtures are away to RB Leipzig which they could easily lose and then home to Everton who would be very up for inflicting a 5th loss in a row. How glorious that would be if it worked out that way. 

Just wanted to say I completely agree with @OutByEaster? on the tribunal system. 

Isn't the tribunal system ment to consider the past and future of a given player that moves from the parent club up to 23 years of age or something. 

How a 17 year old winger good enough to hold his own in the championship suddenly is valued at £ 4 million is bonkers. 17!!! Probably one of the best English talents our there. If you were to buy that, you are certainly looking at £ 20-40 million. 4 million is an absolute piss take and that's apparently what it's increased to. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Liverpool not qualifying for the Champions league would be a really good sign of a healthier Premier league with more competitive teams involved.

I'm not sure Liverpool will see it like that, and it'll send a shiver through the boardrooms at Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, White Hart Lane, the Emirates and the Etihad but it's so much better than it was few years ago when the top four were seemingly set in stone.

If us and Everton can get into the mix it'll be the best the league has been in more than twenty years.

Hopefully we can get to that situation before the big six change the rules.

Dont  forget Leicester 

Â