Rino8

They are the first club to have to deal with serious injuries it seems. Nobody would sell them a top drawer defender in January for what they wanted to pay either. It sucks to be Liverpool hey.
Last year we lost our first choice keeper and our only striker to long term injuries which almost relegated us. It was annoying but accepted as part of the game.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Genie said:

They are the first club to have to deal with serious injuries it seems. Nobody would sell them a top drawer defender in January for what they wanted to pay either. It sucks to be Liverpool hey.
Last year we lost our first choice keeper and our only striker to long term injuries which almost relegated us. It was annoying but accepted as part of the game.

We should have went to Burnley in a silent protest 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Liverpool's injury crisis is essentially two players right?

Currently it's their 3 best CB's with van Dijk, Gomez and Matip and before that it was both full backs and van Dijk I guess.

I think it's fair to say they've been unlucky with injuries in defense but they should have built a better squad so couldn't have happened to a nicer club.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Currently it's their 3 best CB's with van Dijk, Gomez and Matip and before that it was both full backs and van Dijk I guess.

I think it's fair to say they've been unlucky with injuries in defense but they should have built a better squad so couldn't have happened to a nicer club.

full backs have missed just 2 games between them this season. Premier League team with only 3 senior centre backs sort of get what they deserve, Bruce type negligence 

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

full backs have missed just 2 games between them this season. Premier League team with only 3 senior centre backs sort of get what they deserve, Bruce type negligence 

Right, don't know why but I thought Robertson had been out but not so.

As I said their own fault for building a weak squad.

Just now, sne said:

Right, don't know why but I thought Robertson had been out but not so.

As I said their own fault for building a weak squad.

They have ran Robertson into the ground, signed a left back in the summer yet still started Robertson in meaningless Champions League or even the FA Cup game. Jota is another one he didnt have to play in a dead rubber Champions League game and got injured, hasnt played since

not sure how the manager hasnt been called out on this when he is shouting about fatigue

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They have ran Robertson into the ground, signed a left back in the summer yet still started Robertson in meaningless Champions League or even the FA Cup game. Jota is another one he didnt have to play in a dead rubber Champions League game and got injured, hasnt played since

not sure how the manager hasnt been called out on this when he is shouting about fatigue

If only they had chance to rest some players in the FA Cup 3rd round. Such a travesty for these poor souls... Klopp is a clearing in the woods isn’t he. 

• Like 1

The fans were also crowing the other day that they had the best centreback in the shape of VVD and the second best (who isn't even one) in Fabinho. So on the basis of their own idiotic fans they are only really 1 man down.

Still, not their fault.

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Genie said:

They signed 2 defenders in January and didn’t play either of them against City. Deciding instead to play Henderson and Fabinho as CB’s.

I think you can understand that decision . . . Fabinho has been okay at it, and it would have been a hell of a baptism for two new CBs. But they need to integrate them from now on.

7 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

The fans were also crowing the other day that they had the best centreback in the shape of VVD and the second best (who isn't even one) in Fabinho. So on the basis of their own idiotic fans they are only really 1 man down.

Still, not their fault.

Yes, the victims. Poor Liverpool!

It brings a tear to a glass eye.

On 08/02/2021 at 00:55, Zatman said:

27 points off the same total as this time last season, biggest drop in Premier League history from a league winner not even Leicester or Blackburn were that bad

Biggest drop off in points but certainly not in league position. That stat just highlights how ridiculous they were last season rather than how bad they are this season.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yep, Robertson and TAA are key to how they play, pretty sure they would be first and second on the assist table for full backs, this year they're both out of form, TAA alarmingly so, he's been piss poor in a few games 

They now have 3 left backs and milner who can play there yet Robertson has started every league game and 4 CL games, even the 2 CL games he didn't start he came on as a sub

8 assists in 40 appearances between the 2 of them, they had 25 between them last year 

Â