Rino8

finally some pundits can see through this piece of shit, has complained for the last 5 years from demanding winter breaks to wanting to shut down cup competitions to his endless crying this season. rocket polisher

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

I thought this was fake. FFS what a clown

What a nob.

Just say anything is possible and we’ll fight every game and move on. 
“If I say it’s possible or it’s not possible it creates a headline”. He’s clearly crumbling under the weight of expectation. 

I suppose that will be upsetting/frustrating. He has been like it for a while though.

Looking at the rules he can probably get to Germany fairly easily (returning for family bereavement is allowed  as long as he presents a negative test). Not sure what the current rules are for returning to the UK, is the quarantine hotel thing up and running now?

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I suppose that will be upsetting/frustrating. He has been like it for a while though.

Looking at the rules he can probably get to Germany fairly easily (returning for family bereavement is allowed  as long as he presents a negative test). Not sure what the current rules are for returning to the UK, is the quarantine hotel thing up and running now?

From what I've seen it's a test 72 hours before travel, 10 days isolation, 2 more tests during isolation if I want to travel to the UK

So he could do it but he'd miss 2 weeks and I'm sure the isolation would drive someone like klopp insane 

Telegraph said she died 19th Jan with the funeral yesterday and that she was 81 and he last saw her when she was 80, no wonder he's pissed but there's a lot of misleading stuff about him being banned here because of ze German government and the rules, he is allowed here, he's just not allowed to pop over and then go back to work so in reality probably didn't want to come 

You are able to travel between the 2 countries if you reside in 1 of them, it's your place of work or if there's a death 

Theres a bit of a big bad German government angle being played 

40 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I thought Germany had imposed a travel ban from countries with high cases of the  new covid variant from the end of January to Feb 17th. Didn't know there were exceptions. 

They have and there are

Live here, work here, death 

But as I said there would then be a load of rules such as isolation and testing etc if he attended the funeral yesterday he wouldn't be back at Liverpool working for 10 days (what I don't understand is the 10 days isolation if you are there for 1 or 2 days, that's why I haven't come back to the UK) 

The shit thing is that he couldn't attend the funeral but he can travel to Hungary or Romania or wherever to play a German team

4 hours ago, Rino8 said:

I watch the Leeds pre match pressers that they're obligated to do two days prior to kick off and the questions are terrible.

It baffles me because there is definitely an audience for more complex questions and answers but they'll interview them probing for headlines so they can slap 'Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool are shit click this link to find out more' all over their sites.

This is true. They're not looking for meaningful content, they're looking for soundbites they can use as clickbait. Any actual content they randomly stumble across is just a bonus.

Klopp turning on them like that is playing directly into their hands. Look how easily they've made him out to be a villain.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

To be fair, I side with Klopp on this one.

You are a journalist. You are paid to ask incisive questions and produce meaningful content. You have the manager of the reigning champions in a 1 on 1 interview.

... and your question is: "Is it possible that Liverpool can still win the league?"

Really?

The best you could ever hope for was "Yes, it's possible and we'll keep fighting" - a routine answer for a boring routine question. I like that Klopp called him out by pointing out the absurdity of the question and the pure waste of his time as he's probably been asked this 15 times previously by other so-called "journalists" - if not already by this Representative for Wellingborough himself.

To be fair to that journalist, whether the question was lazy or not, he got what he wanted.

Headlines, provocation, angry Klopp. That's what he gets paid for, not building "valuable content".

The journalist did their job, it's Klopp that got angry. And he probably should know better, as he is asked 28million questions like that everyday.

Edited by Mic09

8 hours ago, Rino8 said:

I watch the Leeds pre match pressers that they're obligated to do two days prior to kick off and the questions are terrible.

It baffles me because there is definitely an audience for more complex questions and answers but they'll interview them probing for headlines so they can slap 'Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool are shit click this link to find out more' all over their sites.

I don't know what's more depressing - is it that journalists have such a low opinion of the average football fan that they assume we can't hold a complex thought in our heads, or is it that they might be right?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rino8 said:

A lot of football journalists, to me anyway, typically fall under two categories:

A: Stenographers for the elite/FA view of the league, be status quo.

B: Clickbait, be your own shock jock, get the clicks like Talksport.

Neither are that interested in real, meaningful analysis, leave that the 'lesser' names.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

They tried to pay750k to Fulham for Harvey Elliott and an independent tribunal have now charged them 4million.

Plus a 20% sell on!

Not being pedantic but that does make a big difference, it could bring it close to 10m.

This seems a much fairer way to recompense teams losing their better young players. It means they will benefit more from the potential.

I'd like to see all cases like this standardised with a high percentage of a sell on fee, instead of simply guessing a value.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Mic09 said:

To be fair to that journalist, whether the question was lazy or not, he got what he wanted.

Headlines, provocation, angry Klopp. That's what he gets paid for, not building "valuable content".

The journalist did their job, it's Klopp that got angry. And he probably should know better, as he is asked 28million questions like that everyday.

Is he bothered what the headlines are going to be though. is anybody bothered. 

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Is he bothered what the headlines are going to be though. is anybody bothered. 

The players might be, players definitely read this stuff and have an opinion on it. Well known Keegan meltdown in 96 had a negative impact on his squad 

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The players might be, players definitely read this stuff and have an opinion on it. Well known Keegan meltdown in 96 had a negative impact on his squad 

Keegan was a bit different, he totally lost it, but shame for him he will be remembered for that more  than what he did as a footballer and manager. 

Â