Rino8

19 hours ago, choffer said:

Their fans are going to be insufferable enough just winning the league, a treble would be more than I could bear.

**** it, I'd like it.

I know two Liverpool fans and they're both absolutely sound.  The Manchester lot (both Utd and City) are far worse.  I'd enjoy Liverpool rubbing their noses in it tbh.

On 02/02/2020 at 11:59, bannedfromHandV said:

I hate Liverpool as much as the next man around here but we’re witnessing something incredible right now, to win with such consistency has never been seen in this country, it’s unreal.

With all due respect, any sniping about favourable VAR calls and lack of quality from other teams is just sour grapes. This could be one of the most historical seasons in English football.

Genuinely amazing.  They've got "lucky" with scoring late goals but that league record is absurd.  Never seen anything like it.

Since Klopp has come in...

2015/16 - 8th, 16 wins, 12 draws, 10 losses, scored 63, conceded 50 - 60 points (Klopp appointed October 2015). League Cup runners-up, Europa League runners-up
2016/17 - 4th, 22 wins, 10 draws, 6 losses, scored 78, conceded 42 - 76 points  
2017/18 - 4th, 21 wins, 12 draws, 5 losses, scored 84, conceded 38 - 75 points.  Champions League runners-up.
2018/19 - 2nd, 30 wins, 7 draws, 1 loss, scored 89, conceded 22 - 97 points.  Champions League winners.
2019/20 - 1st, 24 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses, scored 60, conceded 15 - 73 points

That's incredible, constant progression.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't think VAR is why Plop are running away with the title, they have simply been fantastic and deserve to be where they are. 

The title was pretty much theirs when Laporte got injured.

But they did get some really big VAR calls going their way at home to City on November 10th when there was "only" 6 points separating the sides. On that particular occasion VAR imo got it wrong a couple of times. All in favor for Plop.

Had City won that it would have been 3 points and a very different situation.

20 hours ago, PaulC said:

God help the rest of us If he continues with that progression next season. 

There's not much headroom left for improvement though, is there? I guess they could win the domestic treble *and* the Champions League. 

22 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There's not much headroom left for improvement though, is there? I guess they could win the domestic treble *and* the Champions League. 

His complaints about fixtures will be unbearable

• Like 1

On 05/02/2020 at 15:08, Genie said:

Hoping the rumours of VvD to Real Madrid in the Summer are true.

Christ he'd cost a shit tonne.

Pool spend 70m on him.. real will have to double that you'd imagine.

They do need to replace Ramos soonish though.

9 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Christ he'd cost a shit tonne.

Pool spend 70m on him.. real will have to double that you'd imagine.

They do need to replace Ramos soonish though.

somehow whilst all the guff was going on around VVD being the best defender of the decade maybe in all of history since records began Varane has ended up being underrated, he's 26 and has just the euros missing from his CV, agree they need to replace Ramos though and though have no young back up (Vallejo struggled at wolves) but I don't see them spending circa £150m on VVD with what they already have, spending £100m on someone like Marquinhos I could see, or ruben dias from benfica

I personally don't see anyone buying VVD, would expect him to get the full "loyalty" treatment and a bumper new contract

• Like 1

Â