Rino8

Their final 10.

No doubt they'll need to beat us 6 from the end to secure the title and put 7 past us before dropping points in the following weeks to Brighton and Burnley playing their reserves. 

March 2020

Mon16th 20:00

Everton(A)

Sat 21st 17:30

Crystal Palace (H)

April 2020

Sat 4th 15:00

Manchester City (A)

Sat 11th 15:00

Aston Villa (H)

Sat 18th 15:00

Brighton & Hove Albion (A)

Sat 25th 15:00

Burnley (H)

May 2020

Sat 2nd 15:00

Arsenal (A)

Sat 9th 15:00

Chelsea (H)

Sun 17th 15:00

Newcastle United (A)

the premier league gave the clubs a week off

the FA didnt

its not an outrage

what is a problem is that the dates for the league cup, the dates for the FA cup, the date for the club world cup, the date of this holiday were all agreed last summer, theres been no proactive discussions from anyone as to what happens should Liverpool, who are a top winning team, win games (or draw them in this case), that's what is piss poor, its head in the sand avoid the problem until absolutely necessary and then not actually deal with the problem just throw their toys out of the pram instead

Having 2 separate domestic cups and replays (or double headers) in them as well in an already congested schedule is just silly.

Everyone knows the conditions so can't complain about it now, but it's still silly.

Just can one of the cups or allow teams to not enter.

Wolverhampton have played 40 competitive games this season already despite crashing out early in both the EFL- and the FA-cup

As much as i dislike Liverpool i don't really see the probem.If they want to play the kids & risk getting knocked out in a season where they could quite easily do an almost perfect domestic double along with yet another european cup then so be it. Plenty of teams, including teams lower down the pyramid put out completely different teams for cup games. The whole "disrespecting the cup thing" is shite. The FA have been going on about winter breaks for years, Premier league actualy gets round to sorting one out and there are FA cup replays scheduled for the same time. Can't really say i expect anything else from footballs governing bodies.

Should Arsenal & Bournemouth draw tonight there will be 6 of the 20 premier league teams involved in FA cup replays during the winter break which surely defeats the purpose of having one.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 3

It's fine playing kids and not taking it seriously. We don't hear the same outrage when teams play their kids and reserves in Europa league. But not being there on the touchline to see the kids trying to impress you is just disrespectful to them. Just shut up, play your kids, sit on the touchline whilst doing nothing and move on. Wouldn't be this outrage if he did that.

Edited by Bugzy1991
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

It's fine playing kids and not taking it seriously. We don't hear the same outrage when teams play their kids and reserves in Europa league. But not being there on the touchline to see the kids trying to impress you is just disrespectful to them. Just shut up, play your kids, sit on the touchline whilst doing nothing and move on. Wouldn't be this outrage if he did that.

Disrespectful to the young players as well. Wenger used put out young teams in early rounds of the cup but he always showed up as its a huge boost to the confidence. Its a **** you to the youth structure

• Like 1

Don’t get me wrong, I love to complain about this football club and it’s going to be a pretty insufferable few months coming up living here, but...

I have sympathy here. The clubs were told they’d be getting a mid season break and not to schedule lucrative friendlies in that time. They will have planned breaks for players and staff ready to set up their run ins. FA cup replays shouldn’t have been scheduled during this time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Disrespectful to the young players as well. Wenger used put out young teams in early rounds of the cup but he always showed up as its a huge boost to the confidence. Its a **** you to the youth structure

...or an opportunity for a youth manager, to manage HIS team in a cup, when those kids will be playing.  I just don't get the outrage at all.

1 hour ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Hogwash, nonsense and we all prefer eyes where there's a billion hilarious opinions.

I was going to put it in the Newcastle thread as well but can't be arsed people telling me Steve Bruce already does all this.

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

shrewsbury are involved in it apparently, joint effort in making it enticing whilst also making money

Isn't a large majority of money lower league sides get from these replays through lucrative tv money, whilst the gate at anfield will generate more match day revenue on top of that

Â