Rino8

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

They have been shit in 90% of games this season, they just run more than the opposition and are abnormally fit.

That’s not quite true they can win matches whilst not playing well because they have so many match winners. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

At what stage can you stop praising Liverpool and ask a question over the general quality of the league? 

Cos the answer is both, they're good, really good but the league being so weak is contributing too

They have reached two consecutive Champions League finals too. Another year of this and I think we can put the current Liverpool team up there with Sacchi's Milan or Guardiola's Barcelona.  

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Lance Armstrong called and whats his blood back

Its so obvious if was another team be investigated. Funnily enough Lance Armstrong biggest doubter believes the same thing 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

They have reached two consecutive Champions League finals too. Another year of this and I think we can put the current Liverpool team up there with Sacchi's Milan or Guardiola's Barcelona.  

Peps barca that in 3 years won 3 leagues 3 cups and 2 champions leagues?? 

They're good but theyre a long way off being that good, that barca team was something else

Hopefully Germany have a shit euros and turn klopps head

44 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Peps barca that in 3 years won 3 leagues 3 cups and 2 champions leagues?? 

They're good but theyre a long way off being that good, that barca team was something else

Hopefully Germany have a shit euros and turn klopps head

But you were questioning the quality of the Premier League. Surely Liverpool being in the Champions League final 2 years in a row and being current champions means they might be the real deal. 

Last season the two Champions League finalists and two Europa League finalists were all from the Premier League. That’s a pretty compelling argument that it is the best league in the world and Liverpool are crushing it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LondonLax said:

But you were questioning the quality of the Premier League. Surely Liverpool being in the Champions League final 2 years in a row and being current champions means they might be the real deal. 

Last season the two Champions League finalists and two Europa League finalists were all from the Premier League. That’s a pretty compelling argument that it is the best league in the world and Liverpool are crushing it.

I disagree

I think it's dipped in quality this year, it's not quite as bad as the year everyone fell off and Leicester won the league but it's definitely dipped

Man City spurs, utd, arsenal, Chelsea these teams are all worse than they were last year, the quality at the bottom of the league is really poor

They're a great side, I would agree best in the world who would win the league this year regardless, but the record breaking nature of what they're doing should draw in to question what the standard of the league is and imo it's poor

The European stuff best league in the world is largely irrelevant because I'm comparing it to the quality of previous PLs, including last year! 3 of those 4 teams that made a European final were better teams last season, its only Liverpool that's got better 

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

At what stage can you stop praising Liverpool and ask a question over the general quality of the league? 

Cos the answer is both, they're good, really good but the league being so weak is contributing too

Yeah I was considering this yesterday when I waxed lyrical about them in the premier league thread.

If you think about it, City are worse than last year, Spurs are worse than last year, Arsenal are worse, United and Chelsea prob about the same give or take. The only team who have improved are Leicester and they were so far off Liverpool’s level last year that their improvement will have needed to have been monumental to overtake them.

But, you don’t do what Liverpool have done in the league, whilst being European and Club World Champions without being a great team.

I can’t see them losing a game now and if they do that then they will be considered the best team in premier league, perhaps all time UK history.

5 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Just because a team is winning doesn’t mean they are on the juice, otherwise Man City must be as well and every other top side. 

It’s just a lazy accusation made without any evidence because we don’t like what we are seeing. 

Yes Gary Neville said the level of the Premier League has risen since even he was a player and it’s much more professional than what it ever was.

Footballers have their own recovery equipment at hone plus fitness coaches. It’s a different world now. No need for doping like Armstrong. Different sport anyway where oxygen levels are critical for the mountain stages of the Tour de France. Unless it’s proven I don’t believe it. 

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes Gary Neville said the level of the Premier League has risen since even he was a player and it’s much more professional than what it ever was.

Footballers have their own recovery equipment at hone plus fitness coaches. It’s a different world now. No need for doping like Armstrong. Different sport anyway where oxygen levels are critical for the mountain stages of the Tour de France. Unless it’s proven I don’t believe it. 

The drugs would still be useful to a footballer. The EPO that cyclists were on means you can train harder for more hours and put more conditioning into your body to be ready for match day. That would definitely be a benefit to a footballer.

For all we know many clubs might have sophisticated doping programs and all have ben able to cover it up all this time, but my point was that without a shred of evidence it is just lazy to say the current best team each season ‘are on drugs’. People were saying the same thing about Leicester. 

• Like 2

Â