Rino8

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

There's possibly not a team in the world who wouldn't change their setup to have him included but, given how Liverpool play, Ronaldo wouldn't work for them.

As I said in original post, that isn't to say he isn't a better player than Salah/Firmino/Mane - it's just about context.

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

And as for your comment about RONALDO not getting into the team? :crylaugh: 

If Ronaldo is on your squad, you cater the way you play, to suit HIM, seeing as he's currently rated as the best player in the world. 

Ronaldo or Firmino? :crylaugh:  

You could always bother to read posts before replying, I guess.

1 minute ago, Ikantcpell said:

My hate for liverpool comes from my arrogant liverpool supporting friends who i had to put up with for 20 years, evry year they put alot of money on liverpool to win the league, this is our year ohh and our team is so much better then evrybody else.

Maybe if i lived in england instead i would not dislike liverpool so much, scandinavian reds are a special kind of stupid.

Yeah, that seems to be everyone's problem with them.

I live in Nottingham - there are absolutely **** all Liverpool fans around here.  The main issue with them is the seeming bias (I don't know how else to explain it?) of having ex-Liverpool players as pundits/commentators on absolutely everything, as far as I'm concerned.

I like their manager (on the whole) and the way they play football, though, so certainly no ill-feeling toward them.  They're not a patch on Man Utd/Man City/Chelsea in terms of "big club dislike".  But then, the general consensus on this forum is that all the big clubs are disliked, so I'm in a minority :D 

19 minutes ago, bobzy said:

There's possibly not a team in the world who wouldn't change their setup to have him included

Exactly. And Liverpool is no exception.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You could always bother to read posts before replying, I guess.

I read it.  Hence why I explained why it was such a silly thing to say (they'd cater TO him) - that means they wouldn't play the same way as they do now.

You can be as flippant as you want, but to suggest Ronaldo wouldn't get into Liverpool's team, is absolutely hilarious. :lol:  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

They're not a patch on Man Utd/Man City/Chelsea in terms of "big club dislike".

Man City probably still have about a decade of winning everything and being knobs about it before they are even close to as annoying as Liverpool, IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

I read it.  Hence why I explained why it was such a silly thing to say (they'd cater TO him) - that means they wouldn't play the same way as they do now.

You can be as flippant as you want, but to suggest Ronaldo wouldn't get into Liverpool's team, is absolutely hilarious. :lol:  

I mean, there's certainly a case for this (as I said)... but I actually couldn't see a Klopp side moving away from a high-energy, high-pressing game to a different sort to accommodate Ronaldo as a focal point number 9.  The whole premise of his team, and why it works so effectively, is the chaos that an incredibly mobile and interchangeable front 3 causes.  I don't think (?) there's another team out there at the moment that works in the same manner.  Potentially Man City, but they're more about the width of Sane/Sterling than constant movement including Aguero/Jesus.

18 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

My hate for liverpool comes from my arrogant liverpool supporting friends who i had to put up with for 20 years, evry year they put alot of money on liverpool to win the league, this is our year ohh and our team is so much better then evrybody else.

Maybe if i lived in england instead i would not dislike liverpool so much, scandinavian reds are a special kind of stupid.

The ones in England are just the same.

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Surely this warrants immediate dismissal from Villa Talk?

Come on @limpid, give the people what they want! We finally have an excuse to get shot of him!

I've never hated the blues.  My dad supports them.

I love it when we beat them and rub it in to the few noses I know, but I've never been arsed with them because they were never in the same league as us lol.

Just an insignificant rivalry as far as I am concerned, like wolves and Baggies were in the 90s.

Edited by lapal_fan

Maybe I know or interact with more blues fans than you do (or maybe the blues fans I know are much worse than the ones you know), but I see it as much more than an insignificant rivalry. Wolves and Baggies I agree, although even the Baggies rivalrly has heated up in the last year or two, and will presumably intensify even more if we're in the same league next year.

I see a silver lining in Liverpool winning the CL, and that's how much it will hurt all the Birmingham-based Man Utd fans!

I cant stand liverpool as much as the next man but would i rather blues win the champs league than them?

Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll no 

38 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I mean, there's certainly a case for this (as I said)... but I actually couldn't see a Klopp side moving away from a high-energy, high-pressing game to a different sort to accommodate Ronaldo as a focal point number 9.  The whole premise of his team, and why it works so effectively, is the chaos that an incredibly mobile and interchangeable front 3 causes.  I don't think (?) there's another team out there at the moment that works in the same manner.  Potentially Man City, but they're more about the width of Sane/Sterling than constant movement including Aguero/Jesus.

If Ronaldo joined Liverpool tomorrow, he'd be in the team on Sunday.

I wonder what Man Utd fans would say if they were offered to win the FA cup but Liverpool win the champions league, or alternatively they both lose their respective finals.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

Liverpool haven't had an elite test yet. 

Yes they beat man city, but Klopp seems to have Pep's playbook figured out. Plus I wouldn't consider Man City the same caliber as Real Madrid, Juve, Barcelona, or Bayern.

Liverpool have gotten extremely lucky in their road to the final. Porto, City, and Roma are good clubs, but I am sure basically every club would love those draws.

I am really interested to see how Liverpool will fair against Real Madrid. Liverpool's front 3 are good, but they are going from playing against the likes of Fazio, Otamendi, and Felipe to Ramos and Varane. That is a huge quality jump. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Liverpool haven't had an elite test yet. 

Yes they beat man city, but Klopp seems to have Pep's playbook figured out. Plus I wouldn't consider Man City the same caliber as Real Madrid, Juve, Barcelona, or Bayern.

Liverpool have gotten extremely lucky in their road to the final. Porto, City, and Roma are good clubs, but I am sure basically every club would love those draws.

I am really interested to see how Liverpool will fair against Real Madrid. Liverpool's front 3 are good, but they are going from playing against the likes of Fazio, Otamendi, and Felipe to Ramos and Varane. That is a huge quality jump. 

Real Madrid's defence has been rubbish this season unless I've missed something, all the joke goals they've given away in La Liga. The second leg v Juve where Navas was chucking them in and they had some kid in defence.

They could've easily conceded a hatful v Bayern, they missed so many chances.

I think Liverpool have a really good chance of winning the final, their front three will cause Madrid lots of problems.

Liverpool may be suspect in defence, but I think this current team can score against anyone. Unpredicatable and dangerous, you're never sure what will turn up - I think they'd be a bit of a nightmare to play against, and plan against. As someone else mentioned, a little reminiscent of Keegan's Newcastle perhaps.

Â