Rino8

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think they can be forgiven for not having Liverpool/ Hillsborough at top of mind when designing the top, the world doesn't revolve around that football club and that event. 

I agree...but it's a hell of a **** coincidence, isn't it? Take away any of the elements, and nobody would think of it, but red, plus 96, plus 2 separate phrases that have been used to taunt Liverpool fans. 

Maybe it's pure chance, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out some cheeky Manc thought it'd be funny to see if they could slip it through.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not entirely sure where any defence of this has been?  Klopp apologised immediately after the incident, I haven't seen any commentary from anyone saying the attack was acceptable...

..."loveable high jinks", "banta"?  What?

It would be funny if the Liverpool fans got them ejected from European competitions (again).

Have Man City commented on it? I guess its not idea preparation from their point of view to be attacked on the way to the stadium.

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

I'm not entirely sure where any defence of this has been?  Klopp apologised immediately after the incident, I haven't seen any commentary from anyone saying the attack was acceptable...

..."loveable high jinks", "banta"?  What?

It's not a defence of it, it's that Liverpool and the police published the details of the route the coach was taking.  Why was that?  Who ever does that?  It seems bizarre.

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's not a defence of it, it's that Liverpool and the police published the details of the route the coach was taking.  Why was that?  Who ever does that?  It seems bizarre.

I don’t know - but how is it banta or high jinks? How are they “offended by everything, ashamed of nothing” based on that? I don’t get it. 

It would be hilarious if they got turfed out of the competition, but I don’t see Liverpool fans condoning/defending/being unashamed of this. 

39 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don’t know - but how is it banta or high jinks? How are they “offended by everything, ashamed of nothing” based on that? I don’t get it. 

It would be hilarious if they got turfed out of the competition, but I don’t see Liverpool fans condoning/defending/being unashamed of this. 

If this had happened to Liverpool we would never hear the end of it

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They literally did it.  They smashed up the bus.  Not all of them, but more than one or two.

If the shoe was on the other foot they'd be wearing black armbands for the bus on Saturday.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â