Rino8

21 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's really not that good. 

He made 4 saves in the entire World Cup and conceded 3 in 5 games.

Not very reliable when his defence was breached

i havent really seen enough of him to know how good / shit he is but surely he improves them?

not sure who else they could have gone for, oblak jumps out, could have waited to see what madrid do with navas or tested Milans financial difficulties and gone for donnarumma 

GK improved, central midfield very much improved, CB improved since Jan, maybe this year will be the year that people start asking why if he doesnt win something 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i havent really seen enough of him to know how good / shit he is but surely he improves them?

not sure who else they could have gone for, oblak jumps out, could have waited to see what madrid do with navas or tested Milans financial difficulties and gone for donnarumma 

GK improved, central midfield very much improved, CB improved since Jan, maybe this year will be the year that people start asking why if he doesnt win something 

He definitely improves them. 

But then again, they could have spent £10m and improved on Mignolet and Karius. 

Bonkers money for a player with a years experience in a top European league.

Jack Butland would have been a more sensible option imo. 

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

For the money they are paying they could have bought any keeper in the world other than de gea. Nobody including real/barca/psg is turning down 70 million for a keeper

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think Ederson overtook him last season but this is nearly double Ederson value

Apparently Buffon the most expensive in Euros and Ederson in pounds.  God bless exchange rates.

So they're selling Danny Ward to Leicester for a fee in the region of £10m-£12m, yes you read that correctly, £10m-£12m. He has played 3 times for Liverpool, sat on the bench/stands all of last season without playing a single game and spent 2016/17 on loan to Huddersfield in the Championship. 

If there's a deal to be investigated it's this one, there is simply no way in hell this guy is worth anywhere near that fee. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

So they're selling Danny Ward to Leicester for a fee in the region of £10m-£12m, yes you read that correctly, £10m-£12m. He has played 3 times for Liverpool, sat on the bench/stands all of last season without playing a single game and spent 2016/17 on loan to Huddersfield in the Championship. 

If there's a deal to be investigated it's this one, there is simply no way in hell this guy is worth anywhere near that fee. 

I think he is a decent keeper but you be wary why he couldnt get any game time ahead of Dumb and Dumber

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Good keeper has played well for wales on a few occasions but I  where your coming from Jonhstone would have made more sence for them really

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I think he is a decent keeper but you be wary why he couldnt get any game time ahead of Dumb and Dumber

Sure but he has done nothing to be worth £12m. It's outrageous. In many ways a lot worse than the Alison fee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Lots of money to spend on a back up aswell if you look at it from Leicester POV.

Perhaps Kasper is going to Chelsea?

Â