Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

It's pretty undeniable that the Dunne and Collins partnership just seemed to do the job one way or another, but that fizzled out and has been gone for a while.

I also think we're all a bit blind when it comes to Cuellar just cos we liked him. He is, by all accounts, a pretty terrible footballer.

Clark just makes so many huge mistakes and I just don't think he is good enough.

Dunne is relatively solid but again makes huge mistakes and it seems unlikely we'll ever see him in a Villa shirt again anyway.

Vlaar is probably the best of a bad bunch. It's an area we really need to address. Just get in someone from Norway, Denmark or Sweden to solve the problem. And preferably with dodgy knees or a beard.

• Like 1

I doubt he will be fit for Reading, just remember how long 'concrete' Ron was out for last time when we kept being told he'd be fit next week.

Was in contention to play against City, so I assume if he hasn't had any setbacks then he will be even more fit for Reading.

I doubt he will be fit for Reading, just remember how long 'concrete' Ron was out for last time when we kept being told he'd be fit next week.

Was in contention to play against City, so I assume if he hasn't had any setbacks then he will be even more fit for Reading.

I really hope he is fit, although no doubt I'll be miffed as Lambert will drop Baker rather than Clark if so. Not holding my breath with his track record though.

Probably be back for the Wigan game!

Still very suspect in the air. Maybe it's just rustiness, but we've seen that before.

But we do look like a more organized and calm side when he's on. He's also good at keeping possession and looking for a pass instead of hoofing it up.

suprised not mentioned but **** brilliant captaining for bakers own goal, i truely believe the way he told baker not to worry about the own goal, putting his arm round baker was reason why baker was so good after that. would clark have done that?? 

thats the difference for me vlaars experience

• Like 2

suprised not mentioned but **** brilliant captaining for bakers own goal, i truely believe the way he told baker not to worry about the own goal, putting his arm round baker was reason why baker was so good after that. would clark have done that??

thats the difference for me vlaars experience

That's why he's the captain, no doubt.

Say what you like about his ability, he's an average premier league defender in my opinion, a good one with the right partner perhaps. But as a man, as a leader, a winner and as a Villan he's doing fine by me.

Just need to keep the soft lad fit!

• Like 1

I think Guzan also gave Baker a 'hug' after the cock-up, but Vlaar really does seem to be someone who the whole squad look to in times of difficulty. I think that even if Clark had done the same, the ffect would have been different.

Ron ain't perfect, and always seems to be committing fouls that he gets away with, but we are better with him in.

And I love the picture above - he really gives a shit about this club already.

Clark did console Baker. He didn't hug him but he came and patted him on his head, as if to say "Never mind".

But as Pez1974 said, Clark doing it will have a lesser effect to an experienced pro doing it.

Â