Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

although i agree with the fact that hes our best CB at the moment, i would say that hes probably the leagues 20th worst 'main' defender (if you was to pick the most senior defender from each club)

it hit me today that if we had the money to buy 2 new defenders, vlaar would certainly be on the bench, because that is what we need, 2 CBs, not just one, hes little injuries are getting tiresome now, just as annoying as dunnes 'injury', theres too many primadonnas in this squad and this is why were fighting relegation, and vlaar is one of them

Hate the expression "primadonna", but it certainly is not the reason why we are where we are. Youth players with minimal ability is the reason why we are down there, and I guess you can call them the opposite of primadonnas. Most would call N'Zogbia such a thing, however our hopes of staying up are pretty much based on his ability to link up with the strikers the next games.

although i agree with the fact that hes our best CB at the moment, i would say that hes probably the leagues 20th worst 'main' defender (if you was to pick the most senior defender from each club)

it hit me today that if we had the money to buy 2 new defenders, vlaar would certainly be on the bench, because that is what we need, 2 CBs, not just one, hes little injuries are getting tiresome now, just as annoying as dunnes 'injury', theres too many primadonnas in this squad and this is why were fighting relegation, and vlaar is one of them

how the **** is Vlaar a primadonna? because he is injury prone. was mcgrath and laursen primadonnas?

Prima Donna

n

1. Someone who is vain, arrogant, unreasonable and difficult to work with.
2. Temperamental or conceited.
3. The leading woman soloist in an opera company.

I don't see how Ron Vlaar falls into any of those categories.
A worrying amount of people seem to be confusing being injured and not amazing at football with being a total clearing in the woods.

I'm really not sure what Ron has done to deserve the stick he gets from some, to be honest.

• Like 1

i would say that hes probably the leagues 20th worst 'main' defender (if you was to pick the most senior defender from each club)

Not that I know a lot about all their defenders, but I would guess that he's better than Reading's, Wigan's, Southampton's and maybe West Ham's best central defender.

i would say that hes probably the leagues 20th worst 'main' defender (if you was to pick the most senior defender from each club)

Not that I know a lot about all their defenders, but I would guess that he's better than Reading's, Wigan's, Southampton's and maybe West Ham's best central defender.

Reading: Alex Pearce or Adrian Mariappa not better than either of them I think

Wigan: Scharner not better than him

Southampton: joos hooiveld not better than him

West ham: Tomkins or Collins wouldn't say he's better than either of them

He's awful, was crap in the euros and has been even worse for us, don't know why we bought him

Skipping around in a forum makes me develop a certain sense of respect for other people, because opinions really do differ and oftentimes I refrain from saying words like "fact!" or "wrong!".

However, you sir, or boy as I hope you are with regards to most of your posts, are very wrong and that is a fact. 

Vlaar is not awful, and Holland as a whole were crap in the Euros - but it doesn't make Van Persie and all their stars crap. Sure he is not the best defender Holland has at the moment, but the feat of just being there is not to be underestimated. Vlaar is a solid tackler and a good header of the ball. He is certainly a leader on the pitch and you can see the younger defenders look to him for advice. His season has been ruined because of injuries, hopefully this is not something that will stick with him for the rest of his career and he turns up like Richard Dunne.

Sorry for the disrespect, but you kind of deserve it when you post for effect every single time.

Vlaar is a reasonable header of the ball but I'd say his strengths don't lie in his aerial prowess - he's a tough tackler, reasonably comfy with the ball at his feet, has good positional sense, is a leader and is very strong.

Personally, I think our first choice CBs should be him and Baker, who is good in the air.

He's awful, was crap in the euros and has been even worse for us, don't know why we bought him

Our chief scout, with a proven track record of being an excellent judge of a player's ability and potential has spoken.

lol.

Haha thank you

I hope the sarcasm wasn't lost.

Vlaar is a reasonable header of the ball but I'd say his strengths don't lie in his aerial prowess - he's a tough tackler, reasonably comfy with the ball at his feet, has good positional sense, is a leader and is very strong.

Personally, I think our first choice CBs should be him and Baker, who is good in the air.

Our chief scout, with a proven track record of being an excellent judge of a player's ability and potential has spoken.

lol.

Haha thank you

I hope the sarcasm wasn't lost.

Haha it wasn't

No improvment on cueller or collins at all!

Nope, but he's on less wages innit.

This is the agenda now is get the wage bill down isn't it.

And THAT is the MAIN aim of the owner - **** the performances, **** the league position **** everything as long as they are cheap!

Â