Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

How on earth vlaar is being mentioned in the same sentence as either Mcgrath, mellberg and laursen is just pathetic.

Its like comparing sol cambell with bobby more!..

We will see what kind of a man and player vlaar is today against andy carrol.

Someone of similar size and supposed aerial ability, Not giving it the billy big bollox against 5ft 2" Nathan dyre!..

It's far worse to compare Mellberg and Laursen with McGrath than it is to compar Vlaar to the two of them. They were good, but not that good.

Is he as important as we think?

I honestly don't think his presence makes too much difference to our results if I'm honest.

Saturday a narrow defeat, more down to our mentality of not being able to see out games/results.

West Ham, I felt we would win that game regardless.

Everton away, we let 3 in, it was our good attacking play which got us a welcome point. Vlaar was even at fault for their 3rd.

When we had our unbeaten run around Nov/Dec time, building up to the Chelsea mauling, Vlaar was not present in the side.

He's one of the few talkers and he is our captain. We need his leadership more than his defensive ability.

I agree with this. But if this is the story then I don`t know. I don`t really want a injury prone captain either. 

although i agree with the fact that hes our best CB at the moment, i would say that hes probably the leagues 20th worst 'main' defender (if you was to pick the most senior defender from each club)

it hit me today that if we had the money to buy 2 new defenders, vlaar would certainly be on the bench, because that is what we need, 2 CBs, not just one, hes little injuries are getting tiresome now, just as annoying as dunnes 'injury', theres too many primadonnas in this squad and this is why were fighting relegation, and vlaar is one of them

although i agree with the fact that hes our best CB at the moment, i would say that hes probably the leagues 20th worst 'main' defender (if you was to pick the most senior defender from each club)

it hit me today that if we had the money to buy 2 new defenders, vlaar would certainly be on the bench, because that is what we need, 2 CBs, not just one, hes little injuries are getting tiresome now, just as annoying as dunnes 'injury', theres too many primadonnas in this squad and this is why were fighting relegation, and vlaar is one of them

I've heard the world is what you make it but yours is weird and doesn't make sense. I don't know why I only highlighted the end bit - pretend I highlighted it all. 

Â