Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I think Zatman is just worried this signing takes Dunne a step closer to the glue factory.

The best part about signing Vlaar is that one or both the El Burro brothers are becoming defunct.

Vlaar and Clark, both strong lads who can play football. Hopefully they'll be our first choice pairing.

I think Zatman is just worried this signing takes Dunne a step closer to the glue factory.

The best part about signing Vlaar is that one or both the El Burro brothers are becoming defunct.

Vlaar and Clark, both strong lads who can play football. Hopefully they'll be our first choice pairing.

I haven't seen a lot of him but i liked the look of baker last season.

Its been so long since i've seen clark play cb i've forgotten what he's like there.

I like Baker too. He's going to be good back up with another senior guy as cover (and Lowton and Williams too). If that has to be one of Collins and Dunne, so be it. Hopefully we can get another in and **** them both off but lets not be too greedy at the moment.

i really hope Vlaar turns out to be terrific for us...

but i just can't get too excited due to the nagging feeling that if the current first choice dutch centre back (at the age of 27) was such a great defender then he'd be playing for one of Europes elite....

maybe the price reflects the ability of the player

The player is apparently worth 9m Euros on the open market. He isn't going to be as good as a Vidic or Kompany, but if he is another Mellberg then I will be delighted!

I think he'll be 'our Hangeland'.

A good, solid Premier League defender that, on occasion, will be praised for his performances, but is not quite good enough for the teams challenging for the title.

Is anybody else worried that after we've all got hyped up about this signing, that his past injury record might mean he fails his medical.....?

I don't think he'll fail it. We knew his previous record before he came here. Provided he can run now and his fitness is pretty good for a pre-season player then he's fine.

309io8k.jpg

^ this pic is going around..

Looks like Mccleish is trying to sneak back in.

:lol: Vlaar is the man to stop him.

From the look of that picture he is too slow ;)

Head down as well. No chance he could spot a good pass. Hoofer.

Lambert out.

And is that a Ferrari jacket? Primadonna flash git. Not what we want around VP. Another Stephen Ireland mentalist no doubt. Lambert out etc.

Â