Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Southampton have reached their peak. They'll never get higher than where they were last season and very rarely have before we on the other hand have. We have a bigger fan base and loads more potential also they've just had their team ripped apart so no one cN tell how next season will go for them. New manager New team and high expectations aren't the best mix. IMO we have the better squad at the moment and Vlaar would be silly to go to them and if he did it would just be a money thing and not about football. I know some fans think we are doomed but I believe if we keep all the players we want to we will have a good season next year.

Southampton in the longer term are in far worse place than us. Every season the big clubs will pick off their best players.

Vlaar could go but it would be just for more money rather than any likelihood of success. He is a good player who had a good World Cup nothing more. A good player for us but no world beater. That's the reality of where we are sadly.

I just hope they don't submit a really cheeky bid :(

You do like your "cheeky bids" rodders lol

News that Lambert wants him to stay on face value is good but until he signs a good bid or even maybe a cheeky one might see he leave. Honestly I think a bid of anywhere near 10m will mean he's out of VP, not that I think any club would pay that for a 29 yr old defender with 1 yr left on his contract.

Even if any club were to offer 5-10 mill for him, I'd rather him just have his contract run out next year..

We probably wouldn't be able to replace him and get the new player to settle into the role as well as Vlaar is currently.

We're more likely to stay up with him here, than without him.

Remember when Downing was not for sale,  and then not until we got 50M ?

Thing is, I believe Lambert more than McLeish. No reasoning for it other than I think he's quite stubborn and wouldn't want to be made look a fool by saying he's not for sale, and then selling him. 

• Like 1

Â