Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I don't think we got a ridiculous fee for downing at all. We got a fair fee based on how good he was for us that season. Had he stayed I don't think he'd have gone backwards the way he did

• Like 1

All that has happened that clown Nursey has tried to stir up shite at Villa again. No change there then.

Tottenham plot Ron Vlaar transfer from Aston Villa in players plus cash deal

ABrazil-v-Netherlands-3rd-Place-Playoff-2
Going Dutch? Tottenham have joined the chase for Villa's Holland international Vlaar

Tottenham are ready to grab Aston Villa’s Dutch destroyer Ron Vlaar with a cash-plus-players bid.

Spurs supremo Daniel Levy is determined to beat Southampton to the Holland World Cup centre-half .

The north Londoners will offer money, and the chance to take German midfielder Lewis Holtby in exchange.

Levy may also throw in a player or two on loan for a season to help Villa as they face a hard campaign while trying to find a buyer for the club.

Tottenham want a strong defender and have been willing to let Michael Dawson go - with the former skipper a possible option to go to Villa in the deal.

New Spurs coach Mauricio Pochettino wants to strengthen the defence he has inherited, and the 29-year-old known as Concrete Ron would be a huge asset.

Fulham-v-Tottenham-Hotspur-Premier-Leagu
LONDON, ENGLAND - DECEMBER 04: Lewis Holtby of Tottenham Hotspur celebrates scoring the winning goal during the Barclays Premier League match between Fulham and Tottenham Hotspur at Craven Cottage on December 4, 2013 in London, England. (Photo by Paul Gilham/Getty Images)

Southampton are already keen as they wait for Liverpool target Dejan Lovren to move on , but Tottenham will be confident they can beat the Saints in the race for a player who has just one year left on his contract.

And offering players to Paul Lambert's Villans as a consolation could get the deal over the line.

Villa are finding it hard to recruit and spend money, so trading one player for two - or even three - makes sense to them.

And a couple of loans would also fit neatly with wantaway owner Randy Lerner’s current thinking, as he tries not to burden the club with long-term debt while looking for a buyer. 

Click

Edited by GENTLEMAN

I don't think we got a ridiculous fee for downing at all. We got a fair fee based on how good he was for us that season. Had he stayed I don't think he'd have gone backwards the way he did

Think you missed my point. I meant ridiculous in a good way - we got a very good deal.

Tottenham plot Ron Vlaar transfer from Aston Villa in players plus cash deal

ABrazil-v-Netherlands-3rd-Place-Playoff-2
Going Dutch? Tottenham have joined the chase for Villa's Holland international Vlaar

Tottenham are ready to grab Aston Villa’s Dutch destroyer Ron Vlaar with a cash-plus-players bid.

Spurs supremo Daniel Levy is determined to beat Southampton to the Holland World Cup centre-half .

The north Londoners will offer money, and the chance to take German midfielder Lewis Holtby in exchange.

Levy may also throw in a player or two on loan for a season to help Villa as they face a hard campaign while trying to find a buyer for the club.

Tottenham want a strong defender and have been willing to let Michael Dawson go - with the former skipper a possible option to go to Villa in the deal.

New Spurs coach Mauricio Pochettino wants to strengthen the defence he has inherited, and the 29-year-old known as Concrete Ron would be a huge asset.

Fulham-v-Tottenham-Hotspur-Premier-Leagu
LONDON, ENGLAND - DECEMBER 04: Lewis Holtby of Tottenham Hotspur celebrates scoring the winning goal during the Barclays Premier League match between Fulham and Tottenham Hotspur at Craven Cottage on December 4, 2013 in London, England. (Photo by Paul Gilham/Getty Images)

Southampton are already keen as they wait for Liverpool target Dejan Lovren to move on , but Tottenham will be confident they can beat the Saints in the race for a player who has just one year left on his contract.

And offering players to Paul Lambert's Villans as a consolation could get the deal over the line.

Villa are finding it hard to recruit and spend money, so trading one player for two - or even three - makes sense to them.

And a couple of loans would also fit neatly with wantaway owner Randy Lerner’s current thinking, as he tries not to burden the club with long-term debt while looking for a buyer. 

Click

I'd take Dawson, a few bob and a decent loan for Vlaar, no problem

Holtby on a 5 year deal plus Dawson on loan wouldn't be bad

Would allow us to strengthen midfield plus give us a short term replacement for Vlaar until next summer so the new owners can buy someone else

I'm getting flashbacks of a certain team coming in for Benteke, us all grabbing the pitchforks and then him having a bang average season (and people wondering whether we should have cashed in after all!!). I hope the same doesn't happen with Ron.

If teams are willing to pay £10m then we cash in imo. He is important to us but he is every bit a liability as he is important due to the fact we dont get a full season out of him.

He is not as good as his world cup performances suggest. He had a better team around him and he just simply will not perform that way for us. 

• Like 1

The problem with Spurs wanting Ron is that the only player we'd really want from them, would be Holtby. Unfortunately, we've just brought in Joe Cole to play his position. Also, you know that Levy will try to F us over, as always. I'd rather keep him, than him go to Spurs, I think.

Edit: I should add. Holtby is the only player we'd want - that they'd willingly sell.

Erik Lamela in the swap deal would be nice plus cash our way, he will go on to be a good player!! or even Lamela & Holby.. Wouldn't want Dawson!!

But all in all rather keep Vlaar

The problem with Spurs wanting Ron is that the only player we'd really want from them, would be Holtby. Unfortunately, we've just brought in Joe Cole to play his position. Also, you know that Levy will try to F us over, as always. I'd rather keep him, than him go to Spurs, I think.
Edit: I should add. Holtby is the only player we'd want - that they'd willingly sell.

Lamela?? on loan or in the swap deal

I can't see Lamela wanting to come here or them wanting to sell him, tbh! He's a good player who they will fit in (more easily than last year, now they've gotten rid of Defoe and Sigurdsson is on his way too).

Â