Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

£14-15m? Behave!

If I were Lambert that's exactly how much I'd be asking for him on the back of the World Cup he's had. Do I think he's worth it? Nope not a chance. But I'd rather he left on a free next season TBH than sell him for £6m. However, i'm sure Lerner has a differing opinion.

I actually agree, I think it is more important to keep Vlaar for this season even if that means losing him for nothing but as with you, I couldn't see Lerner allowing that at all.

Edited by Isa

Anything less than about 8mil is a waste of our time - he's our captain and we don't need to sell ffs. 

Who says we don't need to sell?? 

Nobody has said that we do and there's no evidence to suggest that is the case. 

Just imagine this happened for one second. Now imagine how you'd be moaning next summer when he has left of a free and we have NO money to replace him

Where's the **** logic in that ?

If he's hinting he wants out and is asking to be allowed to speak to other sides to see what they can offer (lets assume that) then we HAVE to sell so we can replace him with the money we get for him, and hopefully with a better more consistent performer at that

Anything less than about 8mil is a waste of our time - he's our captain and we don't need to sell ffs. 

Can you see any other way of raising any cash atm? 

Vlaar is our only current saleable assett? So to raise transfer funds we may need to sell?

Vlaar is our only current saleable assett? So to raise transfer funds we may need to sell?

Why do we need to raise cash? We're better off keeping him than selling him for the sake of it. 

Why do we need to raise cash? We're better off keeping him than selling him for the sake of it. 

We may need cash to buy players that Lambert wants? 

If we won't sell Hutton to WBA because they're a rival (and I assume that means relegation rival, not a local rival), then I don't think we should sell our best defender to Southampton for the same reason. Having lost all of their best players (and their manager), Southampton look very likely to struggle (of course I said the same thing last season, so what do I know). The point being, we shouldn't weaken ourselves and strengthen them at the same time.

United are closing in on Mats Hummels, I don't think Vlaar was ever even on their radar. I think due to Ron's age and injury record he wouldn't be a suitable choice for the usual "Top 6" teams. Realistically we might only get interest from Southampton, and I don't see why he'd rather go there and battle relegation then just stay here and do it.

We may need cash to buy players that Lambert wants? 

And again, we need to sell our best fit player to do that because?

Realistically we might only get interest from Southampton, and I don't see why he'd rather go there and battle relegation then just stay here and do it.

But you're the one assuming they will be battling relegation. With situations like theirs, I think it is best to see who they who they replace the outgoing players with before making your mind up that they'll definitely sink. It is possible to lose your best players and reinvest well.

I'm sure that most of us would happily swap places with Southampton right now, I know I would. From Vlaar's perspective; they have more money, more ambition, better chance of success, will probably pay him more and have the manager he worked with at Feyenoord. So I think there is a very good chance that he'll prefer the move there to staying here and no-one could blame him.

• Like 1

I'm sure that most of us would happily swap places with Southampton right now, I know I would.

I wouldn't.

Me too.

Huh.

Strange considering that not a day goes by without you decrying how bad our predicament is and how tough Lambert has it. I guess not quite so bad if we are somehow in an equal or better situation than Southampton then.

Edited by Isa

Huh. Strange considering that not a day goes by without you decrying how bad our predicament is and how tough Lambert has it. I guess not quite so bad if we are somehow in an equal or better situation than Southampton then.

Please do not fall into the trap of thinking Lerner or his bad management define this club. Admittedly it is a shit situation currently but this will only be temporary. We are still a great club to play for and always will be.

Oh, so you are deliberately missing the context of my post then. Swap places obviously refers to the present situation, nothing to do with how great the club is.

Edit: Also we are not a great club to play for now and there is no point in pretending otherwise.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

Â