Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Way, way more effective than Cissokho going forward - maybe Lowton needs to be deployed as a left midfielder in a 4-4-2, if that's what Sherwood wants to stick with? He has good energy and shows a bit of doggedness and determination. Very good at crossing the ball, shame our regular full backs can't cross like this guy, although they can defend well, so there's a balance I guess...

Really happy to see him back in the side as he has serious quality in that right foot but he is also making some great runs and I'm happy for him to continue to keep his place.  Hutton has a one game ban now so he will probably revert to right back for our next game.

• Like 1

Anyone else think he should have taken that free kick that Westwood scuffed?

Lowton has a shot on him, and he played really well tonight hats off to Matty

Really happy to see him back in the side as he has serious quality in that right foot but he is also making some great runs and I'm happy for him to continue to keep his place.  Hutton has a one game ban now so he will probably revert to right back for our next game.

unless we move bacuna to rb and keep Lawton there

Fair play to him he has come in from the cold, in an unfamiliar position and been very good.

He could well be back at right back on Saturday with Hutton suspended and one of Cissokho or Richardson likely to be back.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Seems a lot more comfortable defensively at left back. Some full backs are like that on their "wrong" side for some reason, Luke Young was always better at left back for some reason.

I too think there are raw materials for a good player there that we saw in Lambert's first season.

• Like 1

i think he's one of the few players in the team who can properly whip a ball in to the box, he has to cut back on to his right to do it but that means the ball in dropping in at the far post which isnt a bad thing, played well last 2 games

• Like 1

Well won pen and a couple of decent crosses but the sooner we get cissokho back defending, the better. Lowton at LM could work but his lack of pace and positioning puts a lot of pressure on the team at times, like when Okore bailed him out after he was stranded in no man's land.

A player who I've never really took to however he has done reasonably well at LB.

His lack of pace though means he will always be suspect in a full back role but maybe he could do a job out wide in midfield if needed.

Don't want to sound like this is coming from two decent performances but I thought last night he reminded me a small bit of Gareth Barry when he played under Graham Taylor.

He is lacking pace but has the technical ability. Definately think a move to midfield is made for him. Saying that keep going the way you are at left back and I'll be just as happy.

Took the hit and made it look as much of a pen as possible. 

He'd have had to have tried really hard to make that NOT look like a penalty :D

It's been 14 months, I'm still surprised we got it  :D

Â