General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think Guzan is able to step in for Given. I'm Irish and think the guy was an amazing keeper but i think he is starting to go down hill fast. He was very poor for Irleand in the Euro's (maybe down to his injury) and is now very injury prone not to mention the start he has had for us. i guess what i am saying should we be on the look out for another 1st choice keeper?

Interesting that BGD indicated that he might be itk on the reasons for Given's decline in the most recent guardian podcast. He wouldn't give away what that reason might be though, not wanting to kick off with the legals.

Word on Twitter is that we've bid for Faith Motyga

Who?????? Looks like a Twitter joke to me :S

His wikipedia page does look like a bit of a joke

It IS a twitter joke :lol:

haha 48 goals in 41 games as a defender. SIGN HIM UP!

However unlikely, I would LOVE us to sign Mauro Zarate! He would definitely get the fans out of their seats, and give us a few attacking options. Probably it's the usual 'Mirror bollocks' though! :-(

Could we not have spent 3.5m on Adam instead of around 2m on Stephens if it goes through?

More than a bit perplexed by this.

I think i'd rather go with the 2m 'risk' than the inevitable 3.5m disappointment

Adams does nothing for me tbh

Adam would, in my opinion, be more useful in this seasons campaign than Stephens. For that reason I would sign him.

He would offer us more than Bannan and Herd on a consistent basis. If we are not looking at other Liverpool players like Downing of Henderson then using half of the 8m, that they still owe us, to get him in would be a good buy.

Gawd I wish Villa's name was linked with Berba. At 4m with two, perhaps three, quality seasons left in him, in an another class. I think he'd eat up the chance to stay in the Premiership. His last full season he won the golden boot. It frustrates me that Fulham have overtaken Villa in terms of links to big players.

(Link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/30/dimitar-berbatov-fulham-fiorentina-juventus)