General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gawd I wish Villa's name was linked with Berba. At 4m with two, perhaps three, quality seasons left in him, in an another class. I think he'd eat up the chance to stay in the Premiership. His last full season he won the golden boot. It frustrates me that Fulham have overtaken Villa in terms of links to big players.

(Link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/30/dimitar-berbatov-fulham-fiorentina-juventus)

I just wonder, as good a player Berbatov undoubtedly is, would a partnership between him and Bent leave a space between them and the midfield? Maybe it's the wingers jobs to fill those spaces.

Although, do you think Berbatov and Bent would get in each others way? I think they may do and his wage would be high.

Gawd I wish Villa's name was linked with Berba. At 4m with two, perhaps three, quality seasons left in him, in an another class. I think he'd eat up the chance to stay in the Premiership. His last full season he won the golden boot. It frustrates me that Fulham have overtaken Villa in terms of links to big players.

(Link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/30/dimitar-berbatov-fulham-fiorentina-juventus)

I just wonder, as good a player Berbatov undoubtedly is, would a partnership between him and Bent leave a space between them and the midfield? Maybe it's the wingers jobs to fill those spaces.

Although, do you think Berbatov and Bent would get in each others way? I think they may do and his wage would be high.

I think Berba-Bent with Ireland or Holman behind would suit PL's preferred 4-3-1-2 perfectly. Come to think of it, there are probably less than a handful of strikers I'd like in that role. We'd have a striking partnership that would be top 4 in the league.

But his wage demands would break our structure and he won't come.

His wage demands would be sky high.

Ah in that case he may as well join QPR.. Confused? what happened to the financial fair play rules? Are we the only club attempting to work within them coz it certainly looks like it :shock:

Think we should petition Uefa

Please Pleas Please fellow fans tell me it aint just me that thinks Lambert has been told to build for next season in the championship, Bennett and Lowton are youngsters with no pl experiance baker and lichaj have hardly any neither talk of getting Stephens and bowery is beyond a joke. I have kept on saying it dosnt matter what aplyers get if they aint good enough to make a immediete impact they aint worth having. Relegation is on its way. There is 2 big days left yet we need 3 maybe 4 quality addtions FACT

Please Pleas Please fellow fans tell me it aint just me that thinks Lambert has been told to build for next season in the championship, Bennett and Lowton are youngsters with no pl experiance baker and lichaj have hardly any neither talk of getting Stephens and bowery is beyond a joke. I have kept on saying it dosnt matter what aplyers get if they aint good enough to make a immediete impact they aint worth having. Relegation is on its way. There is 2 big days left yet we need 3 maybe 4 quality addtions FACT

Ok then, throw some names of who we realistically should sign.

I hardly think Lambert would have been lied to by Randy and Faulkner, I don't think he'll have been tricked into managing a club that is resigned for relegation, he'd have stayed at Norwich if that was the case.

He's building a young team that he thinks he can get the best out of. If he thinks he can do that, then he deserves the backing of the fans.

There are 2 days left - We've been linked with some decent players.

and if we do sign these younger players I suggest you get behind them in full voice as they're going to need all the help from us as they can get.

Ok then, throw some names of who we realistically should sign.

Have some faith villan501. Individual by individual, Norwich weren't good enough for 12th last year but Lambert got them playing together well and the whole was greater than the sum of the parts.

I keep telling myself it will work out in the end but I saw both games in league and we were dire so so bad, Adam for 4 mil is a must its in our budgegt and lets get him, if I was lamber Id ask vlaar and KEA who we should get in dutch league

I keep telling myself it will work out in the end but I saw both games in league and we were dire so so bad, Adam for 4 mil is a must its in our budgegt and lets get him, if I was lamber Id ask vlaar and KEA who we should get in dutch league

Everton was diabolical but I thought we were OK against West Ham, controlled the game, just couldn't find the route to goal. That will come once our creative half gels with mdifield. Holman, KEA, Ireland, Delph need time to get it together. Gabby back will help a lot.

You want Lambert to ask Vlaar & KEA who we should buy? WOW!

The craziest thing I have read on here for a while and there have been some ridiculous posts.

Understand your concerns villan501... It is a worry but when you look we do have a pretty experienced spine in the team...

..................Given

............Vlaar....Dunne

...................Kea

.................Ireland

.............Bent....Gabby

It's not ideal & we certainly lack experienced back up should we get injuries... Our season most likely hinges on these 6/7 players in my opinion.. I have put Vlaar & Kea in as they are experienced, albeit in a different league & both are internationals too.

I don't think it's a coincidence that our form is suffering with Dunne & Gabby injured. We need all of these guys to stay injury free. We maybe can cope with 1 injured but 2 & we are struggling. I also think we are suffering as Kea & Vlaar adjust to the pace of the Prem etc. Or lets say i think we will be better once they are a bit more familiarized.

Still think we could do with a bit more experienced cover in midfield however. We need a younger Michael Essein... a midfield general as we are badly missing Stan.

As for relegation? Well who knows? I think the Prem is a bit of an unknown quantity this season with so many teams having signed practically new teams entirely. But i don't think we are buying for the Championship, at least not intentionally.

I think Berba-Bent with Ireland or Holman behind would suit PL's preferred 4-3-1-2 perfectly. Come to think of it, there are probably less than a handful of strikers I'd like in that role. We'd have a striking partnership that would be top 4 in the league.

But his wage demands would break our structure and he won't come.

That could be a suitable formation.

I do think those players behind them would have to work hard defensively though. I know that's usually the way with strikers anyway and they'd come back for corners/free-kicks but in open play the other eight outfielders would have to be switched on.

I do think Berbatov isn't lazy he's just one of those players who give that impression because of how naturally gifted he is. You don't get the golden boot by being lazy, even if five goals come in only one game that's further proof! For that one game anyway :D

Ultimately, that could be the truth that his wages would not fit our structure.

Crazy person say what