General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Against west ham, a poor team, they scored 1, had 2 cleared off the line and a good shout for a pen. Everton could have had 6 or 7 against us and again I don't think Joe Bennett solves all of those issues.

First day of the season away to a horrible West Ham side with a bunch of players who have hardly played together. At home to a buzzing Everton with the wrong team selection, its got nothing to do with just Joe Bennett solving it, its about getting team selection right to compete with Everton but that was never going to happen with some of the players picked and where they played.

And guess what theres a good chance we will get beat this weekend but that still wont mean we are going to get relegated but no doubt a load of people will shit their pants over it.

I didn't agree with the team selection but IMO I don't think it would have made much difference to the result.

Theres a good chance we'll be on 0 points after 4 games and I think people have every right to be worried for the 3rd year in a row.

We need quality to come straight into the side and be much better than what we have. I'm not seeing that happenning this window.

Like I said, 2 days to bring in that quality.

But unlike the last two years we have a manager who the fans can get behind. He got Norwich to overperform and hopefully he can do the same with Villa. I was there on Saturday and his signings were the best players in Villa shirts - it's only sensible to give him time before freaking out.

It is only two games in. The transfer window is not shut yet. Respectfully, you are jumping the gun sir. And even if it is a struggle we will get better every year and every season with the policy of buying young hungry talent. It will take time so it's maybe best to relax a bit and enjoy the ride.

Look at the last few years. Everton famously start badly and I'm sure some of their fans were saying the same as you. They never got relegated and they've just won the first two games this season - their manager has been there for 10 years and they've built a strong squad with little spending.

You can think what you want but you are certainly focusing on the negatives. That is up to you but you will only make yourself miserable, and it's frikking boring to read it post after post on a transfer speculation thread. There are positives and you choose to ignore them.

Ian Taylor just tweeted "A cheeky little bid for Charlie Adam? #avfc"

Hope its true.

He was asked if he knew something and he said no

Could very well be true but I wouldn't expect him to say anything else at this stage.

Wasn't exactly a full scale denial either

Ian Taylor ‏@IanTaylor7

RT“@Shane_Parry: @IanTaylor7 @charlie26adam Do you know something we don't Mr Taylor? Hmmm” > Just asking the question pal that's all! #avfc

Lots of paper/twitter talk of Ryan Babel being offered around PL clubs including us.

Against west ham, a poor team, they scored 1, had 2 cleared off the line and a good shout for a pen. Everton could have had 6 or 7 against us and again I don't think Joe Bennett solves all of those issues.

First day of the season away to a horrible West Ham side with a bunch of players who have hardly played together. At home to a buzzing Everton with the wrong team selection, its got nothing to do with just Joe Bennett solving it, its about getting team selection right to compete with Everton but that was never going to happen with some of the players picked and where they played.

And guess what theres a good chance we will get beat this weekend but that still wont mean we are going to get relegated but no doubt a load of people will shit their pants over it.

Good post Houlston. I think Everton are a good example of being notoriously poor starters in the past, yet we don't seem to see their fans shitting themselves.

Their start in 2010 - 2011 was atrocious, yet they finished seventh.

Everton results

I wonder if their fans kicked up a stink when Moyes got players in his team Cahill, Beckford, Hibbert, Phil Neville....

Remember the shit on here when we were linked with Darron Gibson?

There are positives and you choose to ignore them.

If we sign some quality players I won't ignore them.

Currently there are very little positives.

But that's ok because Everton are doing well this year. Everton have got some quality players, thats why they are doing well.

Which you choose to ignore.

Along with your rubbish sell to buy theory, your not right very often it seems.

FFS Big_John_10 just get behind the team, if he signs some 'exciting' bollocks player then fair enough, if he doesn't he doesn't. No point in getting all worked up until anything has happened, which is arguably in May!

FFS Big_John_10 just get behind the team, if he signs some 'exciting' bollocks player then fair enough, if he doesn't he doesn't. No point in getting all worked up until anything has happened, which is arguably in May!

Totally agree! clueless moaner.

First sign is always...."I havent heard of these players so they are rubbish"

But of course if we brought in Adam Johnson we'd be going for the champs league! zzzzzzzzzzzz

Sell to buy??? muuhahahahahahahah no clue!

If we sign some quality players I won't ignore them.

But that's ok because Everton are doing well this year. Everton have got some quality players, thats why they are doing well.

Everton have got quality in Fellaini, Jelavic and Baines, but they have a team that plays well for their manager made up of Coleman, Osman, Gibson, Hibbert and Neville.

We have some good players too remember. Bent, Ireland, Zoggy, Gabby are not without their assets. Add Vlaar and Kea plus the promise of Weimann, Bennett, Herd and Baker.

We may not have a Fellaini yet, but if PL can get his team to gel like Moyes has then we'll be fine for mid table.

From there we can look to build again.

Yes I've been completely wrong about lerner, wrong when I said MoN didn't just quit, wrong thinking houllier wouldn't work out, wrong thinking Mcleish wouldn't work out (that was an easy one though) and wrong about sell to buy given the evidence during the Vlaar deal and the fact Kendrick implied it was in place before. And at the moment we've signed Bennett after Makoun had left so still technically it hasn't changed.

Start of the window most of us wanted the defence addressed

We wanted Hutton, Warnock, Collins and Dunne replaced, the first two being players that 99.9% of us never wanted to play for Villa again

So, Warnock and Hutton are out in the cold never to play for us again, Collins has been sold and it is unclear as to Dunne's position and who knows what would have heppened to him if fit. Currently the popular opinion seems to be that he is good for back up until January.

Then there were complaints that we had previously bought the same old same old, had not looked abroad and should be looking to the lower leagues "where the value was". We shouldn't be "wasting" 8M on the likes of Warnock, 10M on the likes of Davies etc etc.

So , for the defence, we have anew right back at 3M from lower league, new CB at 3M from abroad and new highly rated LB at 3M from championship. Seems to me that what has happened basically fits what the majority on here wanted for defence

It took time for Everton to get those players though - 10 years of Moyes.

We've also signed two players from Holland by the way.

Premiership players have left us in a great position haven't they? We've had so many bad buys - at least that transfer policy has changed, that's a positive for you. Plenty of teams make good signings from lower leagues that work out and improve their squad. There's another positive.

I was impressed by Lowton on Saturday. I think he'll be a good player.

Lambert made the most of these types of signings for Norwich - that's another positive for you.

We don't have Mcleish any more - POSITIVE.

We are a bigger club than Norwich. After what Lambert achieved there, just think what he might do at Villa given time. Another positive.

I don't think anybody thinks we have a good squad but at least the problems can begin to be fixed by a manager who comes across as having a clue and wants to play football the right way, and has a history of making astute signings from lower leagues. Positive.

You seem like you need some help, so there you go.

Yes I've been completely wrong about lerner, wrong when I said MoN didn't just quit, wrong thinking houllier wouldn't work out, wrong thinking Mcleish wouldn't work out (that was an easy one though) and wrong about sell to buy given the evidence during the Vlaar deal and the fact Kendrick implied it was in place before. And at the moment we've signed Bennett after Makoun had left so still technically it hasn't changed.

So far we've let Heskey, Cuellar and Collins go. Total outgoings in fees: £2.5 million.

In: Bennett (£2.75m), Vlaar (£3.2 m), Lowton (£3 million) and Ahmadi (£2 m).

With more to follow.....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm calculator??

Could someone remind when everton had their worst ever premiership season, started the next one just as bad, signed lower league players and all their fans were happy?

Coleman, Arteta, Naismith, Baines, Beckford, Cahill and Jagielka didn't exactly come from footballing powerhouses you know mate.

Totally agree! clueless moaner.

First sign is always...."I havent heard of these players so they are rubbish"

But of course if we brought in Adam Johnson we'd be going for the champs league! zzzzzzzzzzzz

Sell to buy??? muuhahahahahahahah no clue!

:lol:

And I'm clueless? :lol:

Who have I said I haven't heard of and they are rubbish then?

So far we've let Heskey, Cuellar and Collins go. Total outgoings in fees: £2.5 million.

With more to follow.....

Well nice work on the math.

But who has ever claimed that during the summer we needed to sell to raise funds for transfers fees?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm reading glasses?

Berbatov rejected two Italian clubs, and it looks like Fulham are the favorites now. So much for him being 'unrealistic'.

Would be an epic siging for Fulham!

He probably wants to work under Jol again, and they have a bit of money to spend on him after selling Dembele.

With more to follow.....

Well nice work on the math.

But who has ever claimed that during the summer we needed to sell to raise funds for transfers fees?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm reading glasses?

Big John....you have driven me to insanity! I give up.

UTV

peace out