General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Could someone remind when everton had their worst ever premiership season, started the next one just as bad, signed lower league players and all their fans were happy?

Coleman, Arteta, Naismith, Baines, Beckford, Cahill and Jagielka didn't exactly come from footballing powerhouses you know mate.

Not once have I said we need to go out and spend a fortune signing establish big name players.

But so far after an abysmal start we have signed a young kid from the championship.

I don't care how much they cost, and to an extent where they are from as long as they are good enough to improve us. The problem is though at the moment we need some quality to come in straight away, not just players who have fantastic potential.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Along with your rubbish sell to buy theory, your not right very often it seems.

Yes I've been completely wrong about lerner, wrong when I said MoN didn't just quit, wrong thinking houllier wouldn't work out, wrong thinking Mcleish wouldn't work out (that was an easy one though) and wrong about sell to buy given the evidence during the Vlaar deal and the fact Kendrick implied it was in place before. And at the moment we've signed Bennett after Makoun had left so still technically it hasn't changed.

So far we've let Heskey, Cuellar and Collins go. Total outgoings in fees: £2.5 million.

In: Bennett (£2.75m), Vlaar (£3.2 m), Lowton (£3 million) and Ahmadi (£2 m).

With more to follow.....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm calculator??

Well nice work on the math.

But who has ever claimed that during the summer we needed to sell to raise funds for transfers fees?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm reading glasses?

Big John....you have driven me to insanity! I give up.

UTV

peace out

You mean shown your attempted dig was wrong.

UTV

Peace out.

Along with your rubbish sell to buy theory, your not right very often it seems.

Yes I've been completely wrong about lerner, wrong when I said MoN didn't just quit, wrong thinking houllier wouldn't work out, wrong thinking Mcleish wouldn't work out (that was an easy one though) and wrong about sell to buy given the evidence during the Vlaar deal and the fact Kendrick implied it was in place before. And at the moment we've signed Bennett after Makoun had left so still technically it hasn't changed.

So far we've let Heskey, Cuellar and Collins go. Total outgoings in fees: £2.5 million.

In: Bennett (£2.75m), Vlaar (£3.2 m), Lowton (£3 million) and Ahmadi (£2 m).

With more to follow.....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm calculator??

Well nice work on the math.

But who has ever claimed that during the summer we needed to sell to raise funds for transfers fees?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm reading glasses?

Big John....you have driven me to insanity! I give up.

UTV

peace out

You mean shown your attempted dig was wrong.

UTV

Peace out.

nope, far from it.

Could someone remind when everton had their worst ever premiership season, started the next one just as bad, signed lower league players and all their fans were happy?

Coleman, Arteta, Naismith, Baines, Beckford, Cahill and Jagielka didn't exactly come from footballing powerhouses you know mate.

Not once have I said we need to go out and spend a fortune signing establish big name players.

But so far after an abysmal start we have signed a young kid from the championship.

I don't care how much they cost, and to an extent where they are from as long as they are good enough to improve us. The problem is though at the moment we need some quality to come in straight away, not just players who have fantastic potential.

I know what you're saying, but we've got a couple more to come in I reckon,

plus some to come back too. Give Lambert a bit of time to have the Moyes

effect and, whilst I don't think we'll be ripping up many trees this year, I

think we'll be fine and have a good base to build on next year.

This is not directed at you John btw, but how many on here would moan if we had signed those Everton players listed? When linked with Gibson this place was full of ridicule for instance.

When questioning why we're not necessarily in for the likes of Berbatov for instance, could it be because it's Lambert's choice not to go after him, not just Lerner being tight.

There's a lot to be said for a tightly-knit, well balanced squad working hard for each other.

This is not directed at you John btw, but how many on here would moan if we had signed those Everton players listed? When linked with Gibson this place was full of ridicule for instance.

I think at the time it was because we felt we were better. I think we still felt that we had an owner willing to invest a good amount and that we could attract better.

I see what you're saying and in hindsight we really have missed out on some deals.

And actually I'm pretty confident that in a few years time there will be fans from other teams saying "why didn't we snap up Bennett or Benteke?"

My concern is for the right now though.

I want to see those hungry kids with potential snapped up but I also was hoping it would be balanced out by bringing in more players like KEA and Vlaar so that we're not just relying on potential to see us safe.

Still think were way to weak in the middle of the park

Especially with the injuries to Gardner and the departure of Makoun not much strength in depth is there

All this talk about Lambert liking to play it narrow am i wrong in thinking that you need quality centre mids to play this way?

I thought it would have been a priority to get one in were really lacking an enforcer and some muscle

Nursey seems to believe we're in for defensive mid, good thing if true.

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

Off to #WBA this pm. Re: #AVFC transfer news. Will go in tomorrow's Mirror first! Expecting a striker & a defensive midfielder to sign