General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think PL has the money. Read his interview. He wants a certain type of player and that type of player will not cost you £10m plus. He may buy one or two in the higher price range but I think it will be rare.

It's pretty obvious he doesn't have the money for that.

Lets hope the youngsters come good and we can make do.

Look I could be totally pissed off with us not spending megabucks and to be honest I am. When you get told he knows how big the job is, the board knows he needs backing and he will get it do you think he would have come without it, then you have to assume he will get lots of money. And I did, maybe I was wrong who knows

All I do know is I wanted him here and he , knowing all he does, wanted to come

He has his own team behind him, he has brought in a top notch scout that will pay dividends and he is bringing in players he wants

You could say he is building for a promotion push, and I can see why you may feel that, heck even I may think it. BUT he will not turn us around in one window it is a huge job

What we have had in the last two or three years is a bunch (not team) of players who may have had some quality but really couldn't be arsed. Many have said we needed to clear out the shite and get a team (note the change) of players wnating to play for us and wanting to win with us.

Well Lambert is doing that.

Players who want to play with us and whose quality we can develop.

Be careful what you wish for was said on here a few days ago. Well I would say what we are getting now is what we wished for.

:thumb: Yep, spot on that mate.

Richard wait till end of Summer Window 2013. I think by then you will have an idea of the backing PL would have received. Chances are PL will spend big on 1 or 2. They have to be the right players however. If we sign Benetke for £7m then how much would we have spent?

All the moaners... Have faith in Lambert, he has a far superior knowledge than any 'supporter'! I think it's great he's signing young exciting players.

How would you have felt if we'd been linked to league 2 players under Alex Mcliesh?

I dont feel disappointing at all. If he signs a couple more of these hungry young players before Friday I will be well chuffed (midfielder please).

He has said repeatedly these are the kinds of player he WANTS to buy. For all we know he has a warchest of 15 million quid plus money from player sales if he wants it.

We could end up in a relegation fight by january, or we could end up having a very exciting young side that looks capable of challenging for things in a season or two. I for one am happy to see the outcome.

I was scared as hell after Everton but these signings and rumours make me very happy.

Look I could be totally pissed off with us not spending megabucks and to be honest I am. When you get told he knows how big the job is, the board knows he needs backing and he will get it do you think he would have come without it, then you have to assume he will get lots of money. And I did, maybe I was wrong who knows

All I do know is I wanted him here and he , knowing all he does, wanted to come

He has his own team behind him, he has brought in a top notch scout that will pay dividends and he is bringing in players he wants

You could say he is building for a promotion push, and I can see why you may feel that, heck even I may think it. BUT he will not turn us around in one window it is a huge job

What we have had in the last two or three years is a bunch (not team) of players who may have had some quality but really couldn't be arsed. Many have said we needed to clear out the shite and get a team (note the change) of players wnating to play for us and wanting to win with us.

Well Lambert is doing that.

Players who want to play with us and whose quality we can develop.

Be careful what you wish for was said on here a few days ago. Well I would say what we are getting now is what we wished for.

Ive always said you can't fudge the managers position. I believe at last we have the right manager. Sure I d love him to go a £40m spree - but we don't have those finances. However there are teams in the prem that have good seasons - score lots of goals - without a rich arab bankrolling everything.

Lamberts buying players who he feels have potential - they won't all work out of course. but the £8m on Display v Everton looked a damm site better than the £14m Mcleish invested.

My hope is that like the Ron Saunders era - the 'Team' becomes greater than a collection of individual players.

Its gonna be squeaky bum time this season - but hopefully the foundations Lambert is putting down - will give the basis to move forward after that.

Our net spend currently is 8.7 million this window. If we sign Benteke for say, 7m, that would be over 15m net spend, that is being backed. If we then add a couple more players in the January window, that would push our net spend to around 20-25 million for the season, I'd say that will be the 'and then some'.

Marquee signings tend to be very much like double-edged swords, if they succeed it can lift off the team almost to the whole new level but if they fail, the club can lose helluva lot of money so they need to be scouted very carefully.

Like someone else probably here already said that Lambert is probably buying younger players because they are easier to mold into his style and tactics than the older players but I'll be very surprised if Lambert wont get at least one more experienced and/or defensive midfielder since it's so clear that we're desperately lacking actual strenght on that department.

I really hope Lambert tries for Lennon. He's one of the few players with Prem experience that are still young and if Spurs have listed him, relatively decent value. His pace and ability to take a man on would be a welcome change. Him and Gabby either side of Bent would be an interesting combo, plus throw Benteke into the mix too and things look a bit brighter.

I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist about signed the young unproven lads as I think we will benefit in the long run much more than panic buying. As long as we stay up...

Our net spend currently is 8.7 million this window. If we sign Benteke for say, 7m, that would be over 15m net spend, that is being backed. If we then add a couple more players in the January window, that would push our net spend to around 20-25 million for the season, I'd say that will be the 'and then some'.

Benteke for 7m

Bowery for 500K

Stephens for 2M

and then you are talking around 18M this summer without anymore surprises before Friday and there may very well be one

Benteke for 7m

Bowery for 500K

Stephens for 2M

and then you are talking around 18M this summer without anymore surprises before Friday and there may very well be one

Forgot about Bowery. Stephens I'm now a bit more upbeat about having seen the other clubs linked. 18mill would put us in the top few spenders in the league for the window. Plus I think we'll benefit a lot more from bringing in the number of players we have than just spending the budget on two 'marquee signings', I mean we could end up with two N'Zogbias if for that price.

Benteke for 7m

Bowery for 500K

Stephens for 2M

Wishful thinking or do you know something we don't?