General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Peter Whittingham still on holiday?

Shackled up in JulieB's potting shed

Don't say stuff like that mate, you will have people grassing you up to her on twitter.

Premier League experience is not the main key factor in success. Saturday line ups total Premier League appearences. Newcastle - 651, Aston Villa - 1052

We should talk about high level experience rather than PL experience specifically.

Anyway, pretty sure Shay Given alone accounts for getting on 50% of our tally!..

So we got Bennett and nearly Bowery. All we need now is Stephens for a top 10 finish.

There has to be a big money signing before Friday. Reason behind my thinking is why would Lambert have taken the job if he was been giving no money to spend. I see Grant has now come out and said Lambert needs money. Obvs putting the pressure on Lerner to cough up before its to late.

So we got Bennett and nearly Bowery. All we need now is Stephens for a top 10 finish.

There has to be a big money signing before Friday. Reason behind my thinking is why would Lambert have taken the job if he was been giving no money to spend. I see Grant has now come out and said Lambert needs money. Obvs putting the pressure on Lerner to cough up before its to late.

I don't get the obsession with "big money signings" or "marquee player"

Personally I think PL has the money. Read his interview. He wants a certain type of player and that type of player will not cost you £10m plus. He may buy one or two in the higher price range but I think it will be rare.

@SkySportsNews

SKY SOURCES: Jordan Rhodes agrees personal terms with Blackburn.

If we're in for Bowery, would this lad not have been worth a punt? Asking price would have been higher I suppose, but the lad knows where the back of the net is.

I don't get the obsession with "big money signings" or "marquee player"

Even if we had the money, I still don't think Lambert would spend it all on one player he seems to prefer signings younger players he can mould into a style.

Yeah Peter Grant, him and lambert are good mates.

Im not obessed with a big money signing. I would be over the moon with 2 6-7 million players, as long as they had top flight experience. Dont have to be world beaters but get stuck in.

Look I could be totally pissed off with us not spending megabucks and to be honest I am. When you get told he knows how big the job is, the board knows he needs backing and he will get it do you think he would have come without it, then you have to assume he will get lots of money. And I did, maybe I was wrong who knows

All I do know is I wanted him here and he , knowing all he does, wanted to come

He has his own team behind him, he has brought in a top notch scout that will pay dividends and he is bringing in players he wants

You could say he is building for a promotion push, and I can see why you may feel that, heck even I may think it. BUT he will not turn us around in one window it is a huge job

What we have had in the last two or three years is a bunch (not team) of players who may have had some quality but really couldn't be arsed. Many have said we needed to clear out the shite and get a team (note the change) of players wnating to play for us and wanting to win with us.

Well Lambert is doing that.

Players who want to play with us and whose quality we can develop.

Be careful what you wish for was said on here a few days ago. Well I would say what we are getting now is what we wished for.

Sorry the other thing I would say is that Villa needs Lambert more than Lambert needs Villa at this stage, I also think the board know this

It would not be wise to piss him off to the extent he leaves. We really would be in the shit then.