General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

If we could get rid of Hutton for £1m, Warnock £2m and flog the Zog back to Wigan for £5m, that would free up a shit load of wages to partly pay for Lennon and Parker say for £12m for the pair, that would be one more nice surprise before the window closes.

----------Given-----------

Lowton-Vlaar-Dunne-Bennett

-------Parker-KEA---------

Lennon--Ireland--Gabby

-----------Bent-----------

I'd feel more comfortable about that :)

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also remember that would be £18m net spend without Warnock and Hutton leaving. I am sure if they left we would sign 2 more players. Question marks still over Dunne, N'Zogbia, Delph, Herd, Ireland, Gabby and Delfouneso for me. I really want them all to succeed and think a couple will but I think if we got offers for any of those then we would sell.

There must be plenty of fullbacks or center backs with premier league experience we could have got

Let's see

Nicky Shorey: played for Reading, West Brom and oh.. oops

Habib Beye: Newcastle and oh...

Curtis Davies: West Brom, Blues and oh...

Zat Knight: Fulham, Bolton and oh...

Stephen Warnock: Blackburn, Liverpool and oh.. he's still ours for a steal at 8 million. 4 million less then we got for Barry!

All of these players had been in the league and we blew a fair amount of change on them. In varying degrees I would call them flops for us anyway.

Understand the concern over such a inexperienced backline and wanting more premier proven. I just believe Lambert has a plan and knows more parameters. How many players are there in the premier league who we can get without being robbed who would actually improve us in the spots we need?

Will we be top 8 this year? Probably not. Could this tact pay off big in a few years? Absolutely. Could we get relegated? Always a risk.