General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aston Villa are prepared to end their interest in signing the Belgium international Christian Benteke unless Genk reduce their demands.

The Midlands club have submitted a straight €7m (£5.5m) offer for the 21-year-old striker, which is an improvement on their previous bid of €6m up front and a further €1m to follow in add-ons, and have made it clear that they will walk away from the deal if Genk continue to play hard-ball. Genk are asking for double Villa's £5.5m valuation, which has frustrated Benteke, who failed to report for training on Wednesday and seems unlikely to feature in the Europa League game Lucerne on Thursday.

The 22-year-old Middlesbrough left-back Joe Bennett has joined Villa on a four-year deal for a fee believed to be in the region of £2.75m. "Joe's a really good player, young and hungry to succeed and he's exactly the type of player we want here at the football club," said the Villa manager, Paul Lambert. "There's no doubt in my mind that he will thrive in this environment and he fits in exactly with what we are trying to build here."

In a rather surprising move, Villa are also expected to announce in the next 24 hours that they have signed the 21-year-old Chesterfield forward Jordan Bowery in a £500,000 deal.

So last year we relied on inexperienced youth players to fight relegation and our new plan this year is to add more inexperienced youth players to fight relegation.

Anyone thinking bennet, stephens and the lad from league 2 are going to make much difference to the awful performances so far are going to be pretty dissappointed IMO.

Benteke is the one potential player who could make a difference but he's not going to change our pathetic attack all by himself.

If thats all we get then we're in for the 3rd relegation worried season in a row.

Bennett today

Benteke tomorrow (or Zarate if that falls through)

and then a quality midfield suprise on deadline day please

Stephens/Bowery etc. would be added extras, but should not be signed instead of the quality midfielder and striker we desperately need.

Word on Twitter is that we've bid for Faith Motyga

Who?????? Looks like a Twitter joke to me :S

His wikipedia page does look like a bit of a joke

Nice edit mate but you know very well you had your pants pulled down there :D

Haha shh :winkold: 48 goals in 41 games for a central defender is a bit far fetched :D

Does anyone think Guzan is able to step in for Given. I'm Irish and think the guy was an amazing keeper but i think he is starting to go down hill fast. He was very poor for Irleand in the Euro's (maybe down to his injury) and is now very injury prone not to mention the start he has had for us. i guess what i am saying should we be on the look out for another 1st choice keeper?

Haha shh :winkold: 48 goals in 41 games for a central defender is a bit far fetched :D

Haha :L Swerbs be Trolling :lol:

Zarate - hed have a shock if he came here. Last time he was at VP we demolished blues 5-1 - and had a free spending chairman and manager !!!!!

Dunno if he is one of these very skillful players - who can dribble round six players - and then sky a cross into row z !

In lambo we trust though.