General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not seeing the players that are going to come and improve enough this season.

I just hope they are going on without anyone knowing just yet.

I'm very doubtful though.

We've been awful in the first two games and we're signing a young lb from the championship, possibly a young forward from Belgium and for some reason a young forward from league one.

Can anyone see these players stopping the inevitable beating from Newcastle and embarrassment from Swansea?

Saw on Twitter from one of our 'ITK' sources that Bennett was having his medical about an hour ago, adds up with SSN reporting that he's come to Brum to discuss personal terms. Guess that's one done, time to press on now, although looks like no more defenders which is still a worry with Vlaar being our only senior defender until Dunne returns. Think Lambo may have to apologise to Warnock and Hutton in some capacity as we're going to need them I reckon.

Benteke next up?

This week looks like going as expected, with several signings.

Can not understand why people thought we would not do much business.

Most people thought we'd sign 2 or 3 players.

The quality was a worry, and still is and IMO 2 or 3 players of the quality currently linked would be dissapointing and do nothing to prevent a season where relegation will be a worry.

This week looks like going as expected, with several signings.

Can not understand why people thought we would not do much business.

I think if we had of won both our games against West Ham and Everton things would've been different. I think the two losses has shown Lerner that we are going to struggle again. He needed to get the money out.

Expecting 2 more players in after Bennett.

Well, here's one:

Aston Villa are set to sign Chesterfield striker Jordan Bowery for £500,000.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football-19415192

If we sign Benteke that's 2 strikers and a left back, would think we'd be in for one midfielder or winger surely, unless beating Tranmere Rovers has made Lambo decide we're find in that part of the pitch now.

I still think we will see a big (on our scale) signing come in, im talking in the £10m+ bracket.

Lets not forget that PL new what he would be given before he took the job...

See where your going with this and he's still available. :D

I still think we will see a big (on our scale) signing come in, im talking in the £10m+ bracket.

Stranger things have happened my friend! :D

I would be over the moon, exactly they player we need!

Stranger things have happened my friend! :D

I would be over the moon, exactly they player we need!

Yep no argument there (not anymore :oops:) and i'd guess you'd be on the devil juice for the next six months?

So far Lambert has done very well in identifying the players he wants and they all look like good signings so I think I at least will be giving him the benefit of the doubt. There is no point being miserable about players signing without having a clue about them really.