General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

It seem people will never be happy unless we're spending big money on already established Premier League players, yet that's exactly what got us into such a big financial mess in the first place. There seems to be this perception that you can only be good if you're an experienced established PL player. People seem to be completely ignoring the fact that our best player in the opening two games have both been players signed from abroad.

Utter **** rubbish that keeps getting spouted over and over again.

Buying a few established premiership players didn't get us into a mess, it was allowing huge wages for every single member of the squad.

Buying 1 or 2 established premier league players this window would have improved us and in no way got us into the same mess we were in.

Also no one is demanding stupid amounts of money, this is always the same shit thrown towards anyone who isn't thrilled with whats going on. Vlaar and KEA were quite cheap and even the negative ones on here seem happy with signing those two players.

Our best players have been signed from abroad, where they gained experience playing at the top level for one of the better teams in the league. Not barely starting their careers in the championship, league one or league 2.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the signings we appear to be making, people complained when we bought Vlaar but apparently had to wait for Collins to be sold, that it was sell to buy. They then complained that we weren't buying anyone.

Well who have we sold since Collins?

And we appear to be buying players

Still the complaints.

Can you just post a list of players that you would find acceptable if we signed then perhaps we would know where we stand

I must have missed all those posts where people stated they didn't care about the quality of player and just wanted us to sign any footballer available.

Also i think its pretty clear that after the first two games we've had to get rid of sell to buy as it would mean guaranteed relegation. Kendrick himself said we were looking to bring in players this week even if we didn't sell. Why mention that bit if its never been an issue?

For some reason people seem to think that the Championship, League 1 & 2 are on par with the top divisions in Holland, Belgium, France, Greece, Turkey and so on. This is just not the case.

It seem people will never be happy unless we're spending big money on already established Premier League players, yet that's exactly what got us into such a big financial mess in the first place. There seems to be this perception that you can only be good if you're an experienced established PL player. People seem to be completely ignoring the fact that our best player in the opening two games have both been players signed from abroad.

Buying a few established premiership players didn't get us into a mess, it was allowing huge wages for every single member of the squad.

Buying 1 or 2 established premier league players this window would have improved us and in no way got us into the same mess we were in.

Also no one is demanding stupid amounts of money, this is always the same shit thrown towards anyone who isn't thrilled with whats going on. Vlaar and KEA were quite cheap and even the negative ones on here seem happy with signing those two players.

Our best players have been signed from abroad, where they gained experience playing at the top level for one of the better teams in the league. Not barely starting their careers in the championship, league one or league 2.

It was certainly a big problem. MON's approach to transfer meant we had to often pay over the odds for players because he wouldn't buy from outside of the Premier League (except on very rare occasions).

How can you say buying 1 or 2 established Premier League players would've improved us? Surely that would depend on the player?

The transfer window isn't over yet. Can't people leave the moaning until after it closes?

It was certainly a big problem. MON's approach to transfer meant we had to often pay over the odds for players because he wouldn't buy from outside of the Premier League (except on very rare occasions).

How can you say buying 1 or 2 established Premier League players would've improved us? Surely that would depend on the player?

The transfer window isn't over yet. Can't people leave the moaning until after it closes?

And if Mon had only paid over the odds for 1 or 2 we wouldn't have been in that mess.

No one is asking for a squad full of established premier league players on high wages, like i said its utter rubbish.

And of course it depends on the player, but i'd be very confident that given the money Lambert would have been able to sign a couple of established premiership players who would walk into our first team, do you not?

And like the post at the top of the page mentions, KEA and Vlaar have come from top leagues and are experienced, thats why they've looked good, thats why we're impressed. Its completely different to the championship, league one and league 2 football which is were we seem to be bringing in the players from now.

So will you be asking for all talk of where we will finish to stop until the end of the season? And all talk about how we will get on in the next match till the end of the game?

On the signings we appear to be making, people complained when we bought Vlaar but apparently had to wait for Collins to be sold, that it was sell to buy. They then complained that we weren't buying anyone.

Well who have we sold since Collins?

And we appear to be buying players

Still the complaints.

Can you just post a list of players that you would find acceptable if we signed then perhaps we would know where we stand

I must have missed all those posts where people stated they didn't care about the quality of player and just wanted us to sign any footballer available.

Also i think its pretty clear that after the first two games we've had to get rid of sell to buy as it would mean guaranteed relegation. Kendrick himself said we were looking to bring in players this week even if we didn't sell. Why mention that bit if its never been an issue?

To show that there are always moans.

Listen John I'm not getting into a virtual row with you.

Has Lerner been shit for the past 3 years - Absolutely no argument from ne

Has he been worse than Ellis or not delivered the promise after Ellis - Again I would agree again

Has Lambert had the backing this window that we expected and I wanted - No not at all at this point and unless we do pull out two players of the ilk of Adam / Downing / Carroll I'd say no he hasn't

Would I like a new owner - Yes and to those that will say you only want the money, yes I do. Why would I want an owner with less money. Show me the Lerner out campaign and I'll ask where do I sign up

Did I want lambert as manager - Yes

Do I tust his judgement - Yes

Do I think he'd have come here if he felt it was impossible or he wouldn't get the tools - No

So therefore he must think he can do it - yes

Do I think we will finish above 10th this year - Probably not no

Do I think we will get relegated - No to be honest I dont think we will. I think we will be in a battle until about March but I think we'll be safe with more than 2 games to go

So basically mate, the signings aren't of Messi nature, they aren't yet of Adam nature but he is getting players who he sees something in and feels can do a job for us.

So for me I am now getting behind a manager for the first time in three years , does not mean I support the owner.

Everyone is having a go at signing someone from the lower leagues. All I will bring to the discussion is Chris smalling. Non league to England in 3 seasons. And grant holt league 2 to being talked about for England in 2 seasons. It can happen if you can see the potential

So for me I am now getting behind a manager for the first time in three years , does not mean I support the owner.

I'm 100% with you on that.

My frustration is completely with Lerner, with the money he is providing this summer and the approach to transfers we've had, which has now left us completely desperate with 2 days to improve a squad which is 2 injuries/loss of form (vlaar & bent) away from going down.

And if Mon had only paid over the odds for 1 or 2 we wouldn't have been in that mess.

No one is asking for a squad full of established premier league players on high wages, like i said its utter rubbish.

And of course it depends on the player, but i'd be very confident that given the money Lambert would have been able to sign a couple of established premiership players who would walk into our first team, do you not?

And like the post at the top of the page mentions, KEA and Vlaar have come from top leagues and are experienced, thats why they've looked good, thats why we're impressed. Its completely different to the championship, league one and league 2 football which is were we seem to be bringing in the players from now.

So will you be asking for all talk of where we will finish to stop until the end of the season? And all talk about how we will get on in the next match till the end of the game?

So you don't mind us paying over the odds?

As I said, the transfer window isn't over yet so we may well bring in some quality experienced players.

How are those examples the same? Moaning as if we're definitely not going to buy any expensive or established PL players isn't the same as talking about the next match or where we might end up at the end of the season.

Everyone is having a go at signing someone from the lower leagues. All I will bring to the discussion is Chris smalling. Non league to England in 3 seasons. And grant holt league 2 to being talked about for England in 2 seasons. It can happen if you can see the potential

I know there are gems out there.

And if we had a good squad and were also bringing in quality to improve that squad i would have no issue in signing potential from the lower leagues.

But that isn't the scenario we are currently in.

So you don't mind us paying over the odds?

Is every premiership player over the odds?

Look i'm not arguing that we need lots of experienced premiership players in the squad. I'd be very happy with a few more like Vlaar and KEA from decent teams abroad.

But like i said we're after inexperienced kids from lower league teams.

Benteke would be a decent signing but even thats asking a lot for him to come in and perform consistently in the premiership.

I predicted relegation two weeks ago, nothing has happened at B6 to change my opinion on that.

Buying 21/22yr old's from Belgium and the lower leagues is all well and good but we are desperate for first team players who will come in and improve us right now.

Big_John is right most of the time with his posts. People on here seem shit scared to have a player on more than 40k a week now because we will get into the same financial mess we were in before...This isnt the case. Having players like Beye, NRC, Warnock, Sidwell on huge salaries was the problem, the problem was our whole squad was overpaid.

Now we are left with a threadbare squad bereft of any real quality and the only additions to the team are ones from shit leagues abroad and the lower leagues. Now Im not saying these players wont succeed (you can throw out examples all day long of players who have) but is this really the time to be buying these players?

I was happy with the signings of KEA and Vlaar because they were from the Dutch league and (probably) represent good value for money, but the signings of Benteke, Bennett, Stephens etc. does not fill me with confidence.

Im sorry, it just doesnt. We need players. But we need the right players.

I think it's obvious Lamberts hands are financially tied and he's trying to do the best he can within his means. Yup, at this point, as i've been saying for a while, the buck stops with Lerner, sad state of affairs. However, lets not go into panic mode just yet, anything can happen. Keep the faith!

Right ladies and gentlemen lets get real Villa are going down this year, Sorry but Stephens, Bowery and Bennet are just not upto it, I posted a few days ago that it is quality that we need not numbers, my nan is available if we need numbers as is my dad with 2 left feet. Lerner Ha sjust lost ambition and we are in for a massive struggle and after the window shuts on friday and we get a thumoing at Newcastle it will be too.