General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

who here can say they wont be surprised if were in the championship next season with the calibre of player were signing

Yep, quickly followed by League 1 if we aren't careful. We need quality now, no disrespect to Jordan Bowery and Dale Stephens but seriously, come on !!

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who here can say they wont be surprised if were in the championship next season with the calibre of player were signing
The window isn't even over yet!

i didnt say it was over, but after the players were lining up bennet, bowery, benteke, stephens are all young, inexperienced and still learning there trade. throw in the fact that we have already a weak squad that half full already with academy players still bedding into the PL football, doesnt fill me with confidence. as i speak qpr are in talks to sign grenaro from real madrid. were in talks for a league 2 striker.

I think we're all going to have to take a 'leap of faith' as supporters this season, and rely on the fact that Lambert has superior football knowledge than all of us, when it comes to some of the transfer dealings.

I know they don't look good on paper, but I just think that these are the sort of players that PL likes to work with, and if I'm honest I would rather have those sorts of players here, who are honored to wear the claret and blue than players just here for the money.

This could all be a disaster, and Randy might have to buy his way out of it again, but it could be a wonder stroke. Only time will tell......

I bet Newcastle and Swansea are shitting it thinking about facing some kid from league 1.
I highly doubt he'll even play against them, unless the likes of Bent, Weimann, Delfouneso and Benteke (if he signs) get injured.

Kind of my point.

We are desperate for players to come into the starting 11 and be much better than what we currently have.

And what's to say we won't sign players like that this window?

Well it's not looking very likely at the minute.

Villa always keep transfers hush hush. I have absolutely no idea how likely or unlikely it is because I'm not involved with the inner-workings of the club.

god, some of the posts on here today are hilarious. We are getting players in and still people are moaning.

So if we go and sign 10 players from the conference we should all be having a party?

If all 10 players turned out to be world beaters then yeah, i'd probably get my cock out too.

Which player is Wiggy Richard cryptically speaking about in the 10 mill plus category?

The one, the only.... Clint 'Mr Fantastic' Dempsey

:winkold:

If we signed him, wiggy is at risk of having a jism-attack to the point of being hospitalised!

Can't speak for anyone else but im negative because im genuinly worried about this squad and this season, not because i enjoy it.

Us signing players from League 1 and 2 actually makes me more worried than if we had'nt signed anyone at all.

Good for you all who still are positive and manage to see things on the bright side, i just can't see it yet but i hope you are right and that we manage to pull off some big signings in the dying hours of the transfer window

It seems people will never be happy unless we're spending big money on already established Premier League players, yet that's exactly what got us into such a big financial mess in the first place. There seems to be this perception that you can only be good if you're an experienced established PL player. People seem to be completely ignoring the fact that our best player in the opening two games have both been players signed from abroad.

Nothing in Bowery's stat record that recommends him so I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that Lambert & co. see some undeveloped potential in him. It isn't as if he's a hyped player with a poor goal scoring record, which could rightly be a warning flag as the hype could be the impetus for the deal. No hype here; it's all about Lambert and/or scouts' opinion of the player.

Not sure my point is coming across; I'll try again.

If Lambert is picking a relative unknown, there has to be some compelling reason or why bother? With Bowery, the reason is certainly not media or fan pressure, nor does it seem to be competition from other PL teams for his services or squad depth requirements (assuming we sign another forward). Why Bowery and not one of a host of lower league strikers with low strike rates? Surely he sees something that has not borne itself out in the numbers or media coverage.

Although with Lucas being injured for 3 months at Plop I would think they may just be looking towards Dempsey again

On the signings we appear to be making, people complained when we bought Vlaar but apparently had to wait for Collins to be sold, that it was sell to buy. They then complained that we weren't buying anyone.

Well who have we sold since Collins?

And we appear to be buying players

Still the complaints.

Can you just post a list of players that you would find acceptable if we signed then perhaps we would know where we stand

I for one am backing Lambert, yes some of the signings I may not have heard of and some I am scratching my head over but I wanted Lambert here. That means everything about him, including his judgement.

It seems other clubs are also now interested in Stephens and Bowery as well, so maybe , just maybe, Lambert has a better football knowledge than us and is aware of things we are not.

I bet Newcastle and Swansea are shitting it thinking about facing some kid from league 1.
I highly doubt he'll even play against them, unless the likes of Bent, Weimann, Delfouneso and Benteke (if he signs) get injured.

Kind of my point.

We are desperate for players to come into the starting 11 and be much better than what we currently have.

And what's to say we won't sign players like that this window?

Well it's not looking very likely at the minute.

Villa always keep transfers hush hush. I have absolutely no idea how likely or unlikely it is because I'm not involved with the inner-workings of the club.

We usually find out on here if someone is linked a few days before the player is holding up the shirt.

There are now only two days left in this window. I'd say the chances of getting some real quality in who will improve the first team are getting very slim.

The players we are linked with will be a boost to the squad but even if Bennett, Benteke, Bowton and Stevens all come in I think we will still be in for a tough old season in the lower places and relegation will be a real possibility.

People moan when we have to pay a little over the odds in order to get proven Premiership quality players, people moan when we pay little taking a risk on European and lower league players. Moaning is just simply hard-wired into these people.

Yep, quickly followed by League 1 if we aren't careful. We need quality now, no disrespect to Jordan Bowery and Dale Stephens but seriously, come on !!

They will both add nothing at all.

I still think we will see a big (on our scale) signing come in, im talking in the £10m+ bracket.

Lets not forget that PL new what he would be given before he took the job...

See where your going with this and he's still available. :D

Stranger things have happened my friend! :D

I would be over the moon, exactly they player we need!

Yep no argument there (not anymore :oops:) and i'd guess you'd be on the devil juice for the next six months?

I'd be pretty excited...yes!

Maybe something like...

2vu0lxt.gif

:lol:

It seem people will never be happy unless we're spending big money on already established Premier League players, yet that's exactly what got us into such a big financial mess in the first place. There seems to be this perception that you can only be good if you're an experienced established PL player. People seem to be completely ignoring the fact that our best player in the opening two games have both been players signed from abroad.

I'm all for bringing in young lower league talent but for the future and not with them being expected to improve the starting 11.Remember its the first team needs strengthened not just extra numbers to bulk the squad.