General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I dislike Barton and can see the controversy from here, personality aside, undoubtedly he is the type of player we need at the moment. Strong, loud, wins the ball, can pass it around etc....

As much of a dickhead as most footballers. Reservedly so, I say get him in.

Adam Williams‏@AdzW90

RT @BBCSport: Aston Villa have begun negotiations over a deal to sign Joey Barton from QPR #AVFC

Oh dear god no!!

Hopefully just loads of the old smelly stuff. :shock:

**Dons Tin Hat**

Ok, so Joey Barton is a horrible, horrible little word removed of a man.

BUT

Football reasons:

Would he provide the midfield "steel" we've all been banging on about: YES.

Is he better than what we have at the moment: YES

Would he be cheap: YES (that pesky 10 game ban doesn't help)

All the other stuff aside is he actually a decent enough PL player: YES.

I hate the idea because as stated he is a massive clearing in the woods and a horrible horrible man, but, you know what, he'd do a job.

As much as I dislike Barton and can see the controversy from here, personality aside, undoubtedly he is the type of player we need at the moment. Strong, loud, wins the ball, can pass it around etc....

I agree, I think the biggest problem with Barton is half the league know what to say to him to get him to kick off. Shame because under it all there is a decent player there.

I was thinking this earlier, dont like the guy one bit, but for a season loan it may help us, he will add bite to our midfield. Complete word removed though.

Oh and he has the "Premier League experience" which certain people seem obsessed with.

What is the point in signing someone who struggles to go 90 minutes on the pitch without doing something stupid? Everyone knows how to wind him up so not only would we have to pay his frankly ludicrous wages and cover his current 10 match ban, but we would also have to suffer the inevitable future suspensions and negative atmosphere that he creates.

Not a chance Joey.

Can't believe the amount of people placated by two signings, both with no Premier League experience playing at levels below where we are (well for this season anyway).

You can buy 900 strikers - if you've got nobody capable of creating a half decent chance for them it's pointless. Like Villa.

WTF!, I have at times been critical of how we have been going about our business for the last 2 yrs but calling the club you say you support "pointless" is just being a **** drama queen and something I find offensive.

If Villa are so pointless to you why are you posting on a Villa forum?

* WOOOOOOSH *

Have a look at the league table.

We are pointless.

Apology accepted.

If only you actually believed this and stopped posting on Villa forums.

Barton said on twitter over the weekend that other clubs were in for him but he was only interested in going to France.

FWIW, I hate the scumbag and we should not give signing him a moments consideration.

Now Barton may well be a trouble-making tosser, but judging from his Twitter he seems down in the dumps and just wants to play football, which he can undoubtedly do when he's not being a **** clearing in the woods.

I wouldn't be against bringing him in on a paid on appearance contract, or even a year long contract with clauses. If he get's sent off, the club can rip up his contract if they deem necessary.