General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe the amount of people placated by two signings, both with no Premier League experience playing at levels below where we are (well for this season anyway).

You can buy 900 strikers - if you've got nobody capable of creating a half decent chance for them it's pointless. Like Villa.

WTF!, I have at times been critical of how we have been going about our business for the last 2 yrs but calling the club you say you support "pointless" is just being a **** drama queen and something I find offensive.

If Villa are so pointless to you why are you posting on a Villa forum?

I wonder how many games he goes to. Honestly, 'fans' like that should simply f*** off and support City.

* WOOOOOOSH *

Have a look at the league table.

We are pointless.

Apology accepted.

I might have missed your point "less" but it's probably due to the bollocks you continuously seem to write about Villa.

I find it "pointless" arguing with people like you however, so I'll end it there. Feel free to bite back I wont reply, see below for the reason.

Can't believe the amount of people placated by two signings, both with no Premier League experience playing at levels below where we are (well for this season anyway).

You can buy 900 strikers - if you've got nobody capable of creating a half decent chance for them it's pointless. Like Villa.

WTF!, I have at times been critical of how we have been going about our business for the last 2 yrs but calling the club you say you support "pointless" is just being a **** drama queen and something I find offensive.

If Villa are so pointless to you why are you posting on a Villa forum?

I wonder how many games he goes to. Honestly, 'fans' like that should simply f*** off and support City.

* WOOOOOOSH *

Have a look at the league table.

We are pointless.

Apology accepted.

I might have missed your point "less" but it's probably due to the bollocks you continuously seem to write about Villa.

I find it "pointless" arguing with people like you however, so I'll end it there. Feel free to bite back I wont reply, see below for the reason.

Great post, well said, saved me the bother.

Sky Sports understands Bolton are one of five clubs chasing Liverpool midfielder Jay Spearing. Aston Villa, Queens Park Rangers, Southampton and Wolves are all keeping tabs on Spearing's situation at Anfield.

FFS

If we're going into "panic buy mode" then at least buy from abroad.

It's not 100% correct but most of the players available in the PL seems to be players that the clubs don't wan't to keep while the players from abroad seems to be players that the clubs wan't to keep. Usually there is a reason to this...

And for some reason even the players English clubs wan'ts to get rid of cost more than the players European clubs don't want to sell.

Obviously this is a broad generalization, but on the whole it's the way it is.

Happy to finally see this spate of links to players, I think 4 good signings and we're looking a very solid unit.

Of the many linked to us in the last 48 hours or so, i'm confident we could realistically get to a good first team and strong bench when all fit...

--------------------- Guzan -------------------------

Lowton ------ Vlaar ----- Dawson ------ Bennett

-------------- N’Zonzi ---El Ahmadi ---------------

Holman ---------------------------------- Downing

------------- Benteke --- Bent ---------------------

Subs

1. Given (only here as I think he needs a wake up call)

2. Dunne

3. Clark

4. Lichaj

5. Ireland

6. Nzogbia

7. Gabby

Now that is a bench of players all of whom are capable of coming on and adding quality, not just make up the numbers. Lambert also likes to rotate - and again this group would alow him to do that as well as change formation if he wanted.

Plus, you have a healthy set of squad players to move up to the subs bench when injuries mean our regular players are out...

Baker

Bannan

Herd

Weiman (unlucky to miss the bench)

Fonz

etc