N'Zonzi - yes depending on price

Downing - yes

Benteke - yes

Stephens - NO

Bennett - NO

Adam - NO

Dawson - Yes depending on price

Barton - NO althou he would improve us a lot

Happy to finally see this spate of links to players, I think 4 good signings and we're looking a very solid unit.

Of the many linked to us in the last 48 hours or so, i'm confident we could realistically get to a good first team and strong bench when all fit...

--------------------- Guzan -------------------------

Lowton ------ Vlaar ----- Dawson ------ Bennett

-------------- N’Zonzi ---El Ahmadi ---------------

Holman ---------------------------------- Downing

------------- Benteke --- Bent ---------------------

Subs

1. Given (only here as I think he needs a wake up call)

2. Dunne

3. Clark

4. Lichaj

5. Ireland

6. Nzogbia

7. Gabby

Now that is a bench of players all of whom are capable of coming on and adding quality, not just make up the numbers. Lambert also likes to rotate - and again this group would alow him to do that as well as change formation if he wanted.

Plus, you have a healthy set of squad players to move up to the subs bench when injuries mean our regular players are out...

Baker

Bannan

Herd

Weiman (unlucky to miss the bench)

Fonz

etc

Agreed for the most part although I personally wouldn't like us to go near Dawson (high wages, no resale value and slow). We have Dunne who has these attributes.

Also, the team you have outlined includes 5 signings! :)

Adam Williams‏@AdzW90

RT @BBCSport: Aston Villa have begun negotiations over a deal to sign Joey Barton from QPR #AVFC

Oh dear god no!!

Relax guys on the wind up, did it the other day with something else.

Happy to finally see this spate of links to players, I think 4 good signings and we're looking a very solid unit.

Of the many linked to us in the last 48 hours or so, i'm confident we could realistically get to a good first team and strong bench when all fit...

--------------------- Guzan -------------------------

Lowton ------ Vlaar ----- Dawson ------ Bennett

-------------- N’Zonzi ---El Ahmadi ---------------

Holman ---------------------------------- Downing

------------- Benteke --- Bent ---------------------

Subs

1. Given (only here as I think he needs a wake up call)

2. Dunne

3. Clark

4. Lichaj

5. Ireland

6. Nzogbia

7. Gabby

Now that is a bench of players all of whom are capable of coming on and adding quality, not just make up the numbers. Lambert also likes to rotate - and again this group would alow him to do that as well as change formation if he wanted.

Plus, you have a healthy set of squad players to move up to the subs bench when injuries mean our regular players are out...

Baker

Bannan

Herd

Weiman (unlucky to miss the bench)

Fonz

etc

Agreed for the most part although I personally wouldn't like us to go near Dawson (high wages, no resale value and slow). We have Dunne who has these attributes.

Also, the team you have outlined includes 5 signings!

Yes, the only one I included who I questioned was Dawson - however, I think this is an area where we need someone with experience and proven in this league, especially if we're going to have young fullbacks who are used to the lower leagues.

I just wish we would sign a decent left back, another winger, a big, young and energetic centre forward - and finally - a big, imposing centre midfielder to win us some of the ball! Throw in Lichaj at right back until Lowton has had time to settle in and then we might have a decent enough side to make a fist of things this season.