General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO

Sky Sports understands Aston Villa have made a bid for Charlton midfielder Dale Stephens. #AVFC #CAFC

If this true its a very worrying sign. Hardly going to keep us up in the Prem quality like that.

Sky Sports understands Aston Villa have made a bid for Charlton midfielder Dale Stephens. #AVFC #CAFC

If this true its a very worrying sign. Hardly going to keep us up in the Prem quality like that.

Some very very good established premier league players came from outside the holy grail!

Belgian international striker Christian Benteke has emerged as a leading target for Villa as Paul Lambert looks to strengthen his squad before Friday’s transfer deadline.

Villa’s scouts have watched Benteke in action several times and Lambert is believed to be pursuing a deal for the 21-year-old powerhouse who plays for Belgian top flight club Genk.

Benteke, who was born in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, has started the season with three goals and one assist in five games to lift Genk to sixth in the Jupiler Pro League table.

The former Standard Liege frontman, who is 6ft 3ins tall, found the net 18 times in 47 games in all competitions for Genk and Belgium under-21s last season.

Having progressed through the Belgian age-groups, he has been capped five times by the full national side and scored his first international goal in this month’s 4-2 friendly victory over Holland.

Villa are in the market for a strong frontman to boost their forward options and provide competition and support for Darren Bent, Gabby Agbonlahor, Andi Weimann and Nathan Delfouneso.

Since veteran targetman Emile Heskey was released at the end of his contract in the summer, the claret and blues have lacked a physical presence up front.

The situation with Benteke is far from a done deal, but Villa hope to step up negotiations with Genk today after a move for the player who has three years left on his contract.

http://tinyurl.com/94aowag

But may get us back there in a years time

Like the sound of Beneteke - hes a punt though - thought we would go for more experience. - but I suppose we won't get that at the price were prepared to pay.

Would like Olson\Cresswell and Charlie Adam on loan.

Christian Benteke is a gamble. He has only ever played in the belguim league. He may turn out to be a great player for Villa, he may not. Does anyone else feel like me and think Villa's Premership survival should not be based on a gamble. Pretty clear so far what Randys intentions are based on these rumours coming out tonight.

Like the sound of Beneteke - hes a punt though - thought we would go for more experience. - but I suppose we won't get that at the price were prepared to pay.

Poulsen has joined somebody now. Can't remember who though...

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

Breaking news tonight is #AVFC in for Genk striker Christian Benteke. Might as well name him now as other people have! See Mirror tomorrow

I guess we finally are getting some players in.

All the same people bitching months ago about us having no European scouting network and signing past it mercenaries instead of up and coming hungry players now bitching about us signing players they've never heard of.

God I love Villatalk.

Bitch on fellas, it's very entertaining to watch.

Paul Lambert finished comfortably above us last season with League One and 'Championship duff' players. Bring him in if Lambert thinks he's the right fit. Charlton fans are not very happy on twitter at the moment.

I hope you are right and if he signs for us he will have my backing as will PL but just think we need more quality than this fella, would be more than happy to be proven wring though

Poulsen has joined somebody now. Can't remember who though...

Sampdoria