Brett Holman

ozvillafan

Why would you pick up on a typo ? And why do you keep dogging my posts ?

Oh and I didn't realise you were a mod ? Jog along

Typo?

You know his name, you're on this site every day. All day in fact. El Ahmadi to Al Amahkdi is not a typo and you know it.

Nope I'm not a mod, nothing to do with that thanks.

• Like 3

We got him for free, we probably did not pay much wages (15-20k a week?) and he did a job in the last season, scoring an important goal and giving a good assist. 

I think he has done his job. Now we can sell him for 1 mill or something like that and get better players.

He runs round like a headless chicken. Can't remember what game it was but he cost us a goal from just running around aimlessly instead of tracking an opponent down. I'd keep one of either him or KEA though we can't afford to get rid of too many players, however poor they may be. 

He runs round like a headless chicken. Can't remember what game it was but he cost us a goal from just running around aimlessly instead of tracking an opponent down. I'd keep one of either him or KEA though we can't afford to get rid of too many players, however poor they may be.

Everton maybe? I seem to remember him being particularly poor in his 15 minutes or so. Not tracking runners, giving the ball away aimlessly etc.

I still think KEA has something too prove, but I remember so little from him earlier in the season. Was he really that shit? Holman has always been underwhelming when he came on imo. 

i actually think that andi weimann would have benefitted over the last few weeks of the season from the odd game off, and i think holman could have filled that role perfectly well....

he has played at a level far higher than many of you give him credit for over a very long period, and i think if you bundle up what he brings to the game overall, i'd have him in my squad and would have given him more playing time than he got over the season...

i don't get the impression that he's insisting on first team football, just on being given the chance to earn it on the pitch... he saw a lot of playing time pre-christmas, and virtually none after it.... if he's not going to see any next season, then at 29 and as australia's player of the year in the build up to a world cup, he will choose to go....

Holman could be playing in the Pakistani third division and still get called up.

He has been the golden boy of two successive national coaches and I can't see that changing in a hurry.

He is the most distinguished headless chook in recent Socceroos history.

Holman could be playing in the Pakistani third division and still get called up.

He has been the golden boy of two successive national coaches and I can't see that changing in a hurry.

He is the most distinguished headless chook in recent Socceroos history.

Who else are they going to call up in his place anyway? The Australia team of today looks dreadful on paper. Holman will be called up for the world cup regardless of anything, there's no upcoming Kewell waiting in the wings.

Â