Brett Holman

ozvillafan

Holman should start against Swansea to bully their midfield as they like to move ball around, N'Zogbia would be completely wrong against them. Holman was really good getting space and time for other players to cover their men and cut off space from Newcastle to pass.

Whats this he stood off Ben Arfa, if we're being honest as a player you know players strengths, I bet even NUFC didn't think he could do that with his right foot as he's predominently left foot, show him to his right, and to be fair it was a fantastic goal, sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say it was unstoppable. Maybe he could have got tighter, but 9 times out of 10, I'd have let Ben Arfa shoot with his right.

A player of Ben Arfa's quality and confidence will always look to have a pop from the edge of the box regardless of what foot they are shooting with!

Holman invited him to shoot and he did; the rest as they say....

I think Lambert will drop him for that; Given was dropped for making a mistake and admire PL's ruthlessness.

Like I said 9/10 that would have been in row Z! Maybe he should have got closer and if you think he'll be dropped absolutely no chance.

No, he can't be dropped for that. I'm the first to agree that he was too far away from Ben Arfa, should've gone closer to never him the chance to shoot, but it wasn't nearly as bad as Givens misstake. It was a minor misstake that cost us due to a wonder strike.

Holmans work rate out weighed that. And just for closing Newcastle down, but for creating spaces when we attacked.

A two weeks fine will do. ;)

I think it's harsh to say that some blame him entirely and wants to make a scapegoat out of him. Just pointing out that he should've been closer and that might've stopped the goal. I think he himself thinks the same. But we got a good result and played and well and he was part of it so there's no need for a scapegoat.

is it me, or does Holman look a little like Olof mellberg??
No, but there's no need for alarm friend. It's merely a natural, subconcious yearning to see King Olof in his glory once more. We've all been there. I often see Mellberg's bewhiskered face myself, sometimes when I gaze wistfully through a window or sometimes in the face of my girlfriend as I make sweet love to her.

No, but there's no need for alarm friend. It's merely a natural, subconcious yearning to see King Olof in his glory once more. We've all been there. I often see Mellberg's bewhiskered face myself, sometimes when I gaze wistfully through a window or sometimes in the face of my girlfriend as I make sweet love to her.

:lol:

you crack me up gareth! hah

is it me, or does Holman look a little like Olof mellberg??

Yes. I've heard of that. You see Olof everywhere. Even in pictures.

I think Holman does look like Mellberg -

0,,10265~11150190,00.jpg

And so did Steven Davis -

Aston_Villa_Olof_Mellberg_549231.jpg

Mistakes will always be made, and i think he is the kind of player that learns from his... Newcastles next attack and he was chasing like a pitbull :)

He worked his ass off against Newcastle, great player to have in our team.

Yeah I think you're right. The Premiership is new to him but he seems to have the appetite to learn and the attitude to implement what he's learnt quickly. his main attribute, as you've said, seems to be chasing down teams which rushes them in to making mistakes and that's a great thing to have in midfield.

Â