Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

he chases down and harries well, sometimes we need that sometimes we don't.

We need someone to do that but it should be either him OR Sylla playing. Not both, it makes us too negative. 

Honestly, there's no combination of him, Sylla, Delph and Westwood that ISN'T negative, sadly. We just happen to have a squad where all the CMs are ever so slightly different takes on the same player. Delph is the only one who really looks like he could be a creative force if he had the right partner(s) and we were set up specifically to take advantage of his ability - which we should be. On current form, I'd have him slightly in front of Sylla and KEA

Been saying it for a long time. You cant have Sylla and KEA in the same team. Westwood was good today.

I think you can, but in doing it Delph needs to play and he needs to be allowed to push forward. Sylla's job should be to get the ball back and give it to KEA or Delph, KEA's job should be give the ball to Delph and track opposition midfielders

Been saying it for a long time. You cant have Sylla and KEA in the same team. Westwood was good today.

I think you can, but in doing it Delph needs to play and he needs to be allowed to push forward. Sylla's job should be to get the ball back and give it to KEA or Delph, KEA's job should be give the ball to Delph and track opposition midfielders

Westwood is the only midfield player we have who can pick a pass. Neither KEA or Sylla can do that and its not  Delph's strongest suit either. Sylla, Delph and Westwood for me. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Westwood's form has been dire though. Granted, I didn't see today and apparently he played a bit better, but if he ends up back like he was for the last few games, he brings nothing except liability. When he's playing like he did last season, it should be him, Sylla and Delph against more physical sides, and swap Sylla for KEA against more lightweight ones

Not El Ahmadi's best game today but he did harass well today at least, Westwood was the best in the middle and I thought Sylla was the least effective. When Delph is back I'd personally drop Sylla although there is not much to choose between them so I'd understand if someone would rather it the other way around

Looked like an empty crisp packet floating around the pitch, AGAIN. One or two decent games in a Villa shirt isn't enough for him ever be in the starting XI for me.

Edited by myko

I can't fault his effort but I just don't rate him.

With everyone fully fit I would go with a midfield 3 of Delph, Westwood and Bacuna. KEA should be no more than a squad filler and back up.

Spot on Mark. He's improved a little from last season but not effective enough for me to warrant a start.

Â