Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

Shocking performance, thought he was on the training pitch, decided to just jog around the pitch instead of breaking a sweat. Won't be starting against the obsessed Tesco Bags unless Delph's illness keeps him out for nearly a month.

In response to those saying how hard he works for Villa - from what I saw he didn't break stride all game, and barely has all season. Just seems to float around the pitch, being slightly too late for every interception/tackle and offering ultimately f*** all.

Edited by myko
  • Like 1

Really boring player, I think that`s a good way to say it. Really impressed me in the start of the season but is fading. Can get caught slacking and has a weak passing. Has a decent shot and is pretty good at breaking up play, but right now, he is not a starter for me.  

Don`t really know what to make off him, he does some things really bad and sometimes really good. 

• 3 weeks later...

One shot, 1 goal, one key pass, 81% passing accuracy, only midfielder on pitch who played 90 minutes not to be dispossessed or turned over, 4 tackles and 2 interceptions (team high). Had the least touches of all Villa players not involved in substitutions (41). 

Everytime he plays, he just doesnt seem that good. He is invisible out there. I can't remember one dangerous pass he made. 

People on the match thread were doing my head in. There was at least 7 worse players out there and people were calling for him to be taken off... then he was Johnny on the spot for the goal. Whoscored.com which is completely arbitrary and scores out of 10 purely on key actions had KEA 4th best out of all player from both teams. Long(8.58) miles ahead and Westwood(7.5) fractionally ahead of Benteke(7.47) and KEA(7.42)

The stick he gets is completely unfounded. He never gets credit when credit is due and I'm convinced people made there mind up ages ago that they don't rate him and that's that.

• Like 4

think he goes about his business without standing out... as i watch him more closely in games, am liking his contribution more and more... think he's much better than last season and seems to be playing with confidence, which is not something we can say about a number of the youngsters...

nice goal at a key time...

I like Karim and hope he continues his form against WBA into the future.

He is composed on the ball, strong, tackles well and plays neat passes. If he also can score the odd goal then it's got to be KEA, Delph and Westwood for me.

Sylla was shocking last night and needs to be dropped as he has not found his form of last season. Still early days for him though as he's finding his feet just like many of our midfield.

• Like 1

Everytime he plays, he just doesnt seem that good. He is invisible out there. I can't remember one dangerous pass he made. 

People on the match thread were doing my head in. There was at least 7 worse players out there and people were calling for him to be taken off... then he was Johnny on the spot for the goal. Whoscored.com which is completely arbitrary and scores out of 10 purely on key actions had KEA 4th best out of all player from both teams. Long(8.58) miles ahead and Westwood(7.5) fractionally ahead of Benteke(7.47) and KEA(7.42)

The stick he gets is completely unfounded. He never gets credit when credit is due and I'm convinced people made there mind up ages ago that they don't rate him and that's that.

Completely agree, he does his job very neat and tidy, but he did not have his best of games. Got out-muscled a few times by a superior WBA midfield. He's also a bit slow in making a decision and attacks sometimes slow down with him, but I expect it to improve with time and confidence. However, neither Sylla nor Tonev was pulling their weight last night so it felt as if it was KEA and Westwood vs the rest.

When it comes to not getting credit when credit is due and people making their mind up ages ago you shouldn't be shouting to loud.

Maybe you should consider that whoscored.com score when you make comments about Fabian Delph as well ;)

I thought he looked alright last night and I'm not a particular fan of him. Always involved, tenacious in the tackle and popped up with a goal, so he clawed a few brownie points back for me. If anything, Sylla (or was it Sheila) made it much harder for the midfield.

I agree. I had him as one of our best last night even in the first half and I couldn't believe what I was reading on the thread. I think it is perhaps just very hard for opinions to change after what was a poor first season. He has completely turned it around and I'd say he is now even adding elements to his game that he wasn't even brought here to do. I always believed he was brought here to almost play the Westwood role. The string-puller in midfield who is good with a pass and can marshall from the anchor position. But he's now probably second to Delph in terms of energy when running around the pitch and tackling, and now has a few goals for himself this season aswell. If he continues like this and starts becoming even a little consistent in the attacking areas he'll be undroppable and our midfield of El Ahmadi, Westwood & Delph will pick itself, if it doesn't already.

Â