Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

I think Delph and KEA have been playing well this season. Is that allowed, or do I have to pick one?

you must pick one. and you therefore must call the other one shite or worthless

Yep, I thought that was how this thread worked.

I saw something (on here?) just the other day about our midfield not taking so many chances, to cut out the mistakes. I didn't reply at the time but think that person was spot on. I also think things will improve, but we do need an attack focused midfielder.

• 3 weeks later...

Rubbish

I have always said he is not good enough for the premier league

He shows flashes of being a good player but not on a consistant enough basis to make it at this level

Get rid in the summer so we can bring in a player who can grab the midfield by its bollocks, hold onto the ball and string more than 2 passes together

Negative player. Can tackle but his PSR is high because he plays the easy pass backwards. Never picks his head up for a pass forward

Not defending him at all to clarify. I'm just saying that in most other midfields he wouldn't constantly come out the highest in these type of stats. Other then Delph the others are totally mediocre. 

Could probably be a reasonable player if he had some better players around him. He isn't going to boss the midfield single handedly, but could do a job if we weren't one of the most static and unintelligent teams in the league in terms of movement in possession.  

• Like 1

I think he is a much underrated player who has had some very good games for us this season, but he was poor today - he is usually very neat in possession, but lots of poor passes today. If he has someone to pass to he can be a good link player, but the whole formation seemed a bit of a mess.

I've been critical of him but I thought he was much better than Sylla today

I wouldn't say he was 'much better' but he was better.

Judging merely by yesterday's performance, I honestly can't call either of them better than any other football player, each other included.

Bottom line our midfield is crap. In most things in life u get what u pay for. Bar Delph who was bought when Lerner was spending money the other 5 who played their this season have a combined total of around 7-8 million. IMO that wouldn't buy u one good midfielder these days never mind 5 of prem quality

Â