Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

Started the season well, but now seems to have returned to the form of last season when he was being given the run around by opposing midfielders.

What, in one game? VT is a weird place where a good or bad performance transforms a player into a good or bad player. The swings of opinion in such a short time are hilarious.

He is the problem in our midfield, the only thing he adds to the side is his pressing, his positional sense is useless. I am amazed to this date the midfield trio that did well for us last season has yet to be tried in this one.

Yes to me he's underwhelming. Sylla and him in the same side - I don't like it, never will!

He is the problem in our midfield, the only thing he adds to the side is his pressing, his positional sense is useless. I am amazed to this date the midfield trio that did well for us last season has yet to be tried in this one.

Yes to me he's underwhelming. Sylla and him in the same side - I don't like it, never will!

None of our midfielders, not even the much improved Delph offer enough to the team atm.

Put them together any way shape or form and we still end up with a none functioning unit 

• Like 2

None of our midfielders, not even the much improved Delph offer enough to the team atm.

Put them together any way shape or form and we still end up with a none functioning unit

The only chance to make a better balance is to start Delph with KEA or Sylla .. with Tonev or Helenius in front of them .. from what I saw Helenius looks more technical than others ..

While he has had both good and bad games, El Ahmadi has easily been the best of the rest where midfield has been concerned this season. Clearly Delph is our standout performer, but i'd like to see anyone argue that El Ahmadi has contirbuted less than Sylla or Westwood. He is not currently a problem member of the team; Weimann, Westwood, Lowton, Clark & Baker are the drones you're looking for.

He is being singled out, because he believes he is Mo Farrah on the pitch, he doesn't win the ball, persistent fouls, runs around leaving his position. I'd like to see him being left out and have the midfield 3 that did a job for us last season.

He can win the ball, it's what he does with it that bothers me.

I said it earlier in this thread, he has a limited passing range. He can make a good short pass, but it's all sideways and backwards. He doesn't look to make that pass forward.

He is useful as a high pressing midfielder to win the ball back, but he's very limited after that and it's not like we can say he's young and he will get better. He's 28 and like Vlaar, he is what he is.

I've been disappointed with KEA's on-ball contribution this season. I always thought that once he adapted to the pace of the league, his passing abilities would come to light. Guess not...

He also has a half way decent shot on him. I think when the game is slow and we're not being pressed too hard, he'll show to be a little better but teams have figured out to press hard and we'll pass it back to hoof it up because we're just not confident enough to pass it around at the moment

Started the season well, but now seems to have returned to the form of last season when he was being given the run around by opposing midfielders.

What, in one game? VT is a weird place where a good or bad performance transforms a player into a good or bad player. The swings of opinion in such a short time are hilarious.

He's been poor in more than one game he was awful against Newcastle as well

Â