Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

Thats fair enough.

Just dont see what its based on that that front 6 looks awesome?

I agree, I'm not saying it's not awesome, time will tell but on paper and right now that doesnt excite me much given what we know of the familiar players mentioned.

They were all shit last season.

I like the sound of this guy! I think he will come in and do a tidy job!

I'm so optimistic for this season, purely because wank face isn't heading the party! I think those players who didn't do so well last season will shine this season, with a bit of decent management.

Feyenoord's technical director has come out with some short comments:

''We know that Villa are interested but we haven't discussed monetary or contractual issues as of yet. There has been various speculation about a transfer fee being agreed but this is nonsense. We haven't discussed anything yet''

Boy...I'm a relieved Feyenoord fan at the moment because the mentioned 2.8 million is quite embarassing. I'm hoping for at least 5 million Euro's because he is deffo worth that. Gives us some of your ridiculous TV money :)

Haha, I wouldn't think Lee Towers records are classified as proper currency in exchange for a great player. Lee is part of the furniture in De Kuip and performing maybe a bit too often to make it special...so 50.000 CD's for a full stadium is not going to work.

We still have some outstanding debts that need to be paid off so this deal could be very important for us.

Seems like he has great energy. Something we have missed in midfield since Milner left.

Wouldn't be against this signing at all and like most have said, If Lambert think's he's good, then thats good enough for me.

Would like another Central midfielder to come in alongside him and play just behind Ireland.

Feyenoord's technical director has come out with some short comments:

''We know that Villa are interested but we haven't discussed monetary or contractual issues as of yet. There has been various speculation about a transfer fee being agreed but this is nonsense. We haven't discussed anything yet''

Boy...I'm a relieved Feyenoord fan at the moment because the mentioned 2.8 million is quite embarassing. I'm hoping for at least 5 million Euro's because he is deffo worth that. Gives us some of your ridiculous TV money :)

Doing Feyenoord out of some money while signing a decent player? :D :winkold:

Should the thread title not state confirmed interest?

Well, looks like our new man at the helm has a scouting network. At least that one can be put to bed now.

Know naff all about the player, but he's a DM and we need one of those.

No because we've never had a title like that, speculation is speculation founded or unfounded it will only be changed to confirmed when and if he signs.

If he does sign that will be two players in the squad (Holman being the other) that I've no recollection of having seen play before which is a first in a very long time.

speculation is speculation founded or unfounded it will only be changed to confirmed when and if he signs.

:P

Depends what you're speculating about, I guess. I take the speculation topics to be speculation of (AVFC's) interest, not speculation of whether we've signed someone or not. As we seem to be 'in discussions' with feyenoord about signing the player, then I'd say we were no longer speculating about our interest.

Strange to bring this up as he hasnt even signed yet but there seems to have been a problem with Karim El Ahmadi during Ramadam, its a poor translation.

Ramadan, the recovery of Feyenoord midfielder Karim El Ahmadi according Gertjan Verbeek no good. "We were not able to charge him, so he is a week or week and a half behind," says the Feyenoord coach. "Because he will not eat, he could usually only once a day training. That is not conducive to his recovery. "

El Ahmadi has been struggling since the preparation with a groin injury. Yesterday trained the purchase of FC Twente for the first time with the group and next week he hopes to make his entrance with Young Feyenoord.

"I have spoken with Karim about Ramadan and I explained the pros and cons," said Verbeek. "Then I released him in his choice, because it makes no sense to him that just to explain things. It's his choice. But twice a day practicing, if you do not eat or drink, just dangerous. I do not want on my conscience. "

Because Ramadan always moving forward, towards the summer, the days are getting longer. "Well, they do it to themselves," said Verbeek. 'Cause it's just how you handle it. I understand that such a surgeon is only on his day on hold. This is also respected. I condemn it, but I'm not solidarity. "

"Karim was not much fat, but at the end of Ramadan is almost nothing left. This makes it faster susceptible to the flu and if you drink nothing further, your recovery slower. Ramadan just not for sport. But you know that if you are a Muslim player into your home, so that you have to respect. And I do too. "

Â