Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

some chants for the lad?

what about a chant based on Dennis Edward's "Don't look any further"

Ahmadiiii, Ahmadiiii, the destroyer from Morocco (clap clap clap clap)

you're not going any further

(repeat)

or

based on "Agadoo"

Ah-maa-di di di etc

slim pickins....

on another note i hope we can tie this one up soon...is a bit of a bonus signing really coz i dint expect us to sign anyone until after June 1st

Does anyone know why he was shipped out on loan last season?

He wasn't shipped on loan last season but 2 seasons ago. He wasn't playing very well back then and the manager at the time (Mario Been) preferred younger players like Georginio Wijnaldum and Leroy Fer. 2 seasons ago was probably one of our most disappointing seasons ever.

You can ingore the Ramadan story because that was a long time ago (2008-09). Gert Jan Verbeek made those comments and he is a bit of a weird but good manager. He is now managing AZ.

The latest news regarding the El Ahmadi transfer is that he has now agreed personal terms with Villa last night. He will come back to Holland and I think he will participate in the first training session of the season that will start today at 13:30. As I told you before...it could still take some before the transfer is complete because the clubs will start negotiations next week. Villa think 3 million Euro's might do the business....but I'm sure our technical director will want at least 5 million Euro's.

El Ahmadi's career so far:

2003/04 FC Twente 7 0 Eredivisie

2004/05 FC Twente 19 1 Eredivisie

2005/06 FC Twente 8 0 Eredivisie

2006/07 FC Twente 22 2 Eredivisie

2007/08 FC Twente 33 0 Eredivisie

2008/09 Feyenoord 22 2 Eredivisie

2009/10 Feyenoord 26 0 Eredivisie

2010/11 Al Ahli 10 1

2010/11 Feyenoord 15 0 Eredivisie

2011/12 Feyenoord 31 2 Eredivisie

Total: 193 8

great news. Get this one done early doors and move on. Seems a very good addition in a much needed position.

Getting slightly excited now. 8)

on another note Paul Lambert's english seems slightly questionable in these quotes

“Karim has joined Feyenoord already demonstrated a high level and so I am convinced he is an asset for the selection of Aston Villa. He is also not without international of Morocco,” said Lambert.

The player himself confirmed that he was with the English club, not just relegated last season, has stopped. “The discussions between Aston Villa and I are well. We have an agreement,” said El Ahmadi before he got on the plane to the Netherlands. Aston Villa thinks a transfer amount of three million to be forced to pay for the player. This it is another year of continuous contract at FC Twente started El Ahmadi then surrendered.

http://avillafan.com/site/2012/06/27/el-ahmadi-agreement-with-villa/?

2010/11 Al Ahli 10 1

I'm encouraged by these stats....

we've needed a goalscoring midfielder for years

The latest news regarding the El Ahmadi transfer is that he has now agreed personal terms with Villa last night. He will come back to Holland and I think he will participate in the first training session of the season that will start today at 13:30. As I told you before...it could still take some before the transfer is complete because the clubs will start negotiations next week. Villa think 3 million Euro's might do the business....but I'm sure our technical director will want at least 5 million Euro's.

Thanks pal

It is good to hear the news from that side of the North Sea. One question I do have is why would Feyenoord have let him fly to England and discuss a transfer if a fee hadnt been agreed in principle?

Can anyone please clear up my confusion: How can we have agreed terms with KEA if a fee has not yet been agreed between the clubs?

Not sure. There were rumours flying round that we did something similar with the Bent transfer. I'm sure that the parent club MUST have given permission for talks otherwise I can't see how it's not tapping-up.

Thanks pal

It is good to hear the news from that side of the North Sea. One question I do have is why would Feyenoord have let him fly to England and discuss a transfer if a fee hadnt been agreed in principle?

That's quite normal in Holland. If the player doesn't want to move or cannot reach an agreement, it saves a lot of negotiation time between clubs.

The agreement that El Ahmadi has with Villa is an agreement 'in priciple'. Once the clubs have agreed a fee...everything will be put on paper and El Ahmadi signs the contract.

No chance you'll get 5Million Euros, you'll get 3Million with potential add ons.

Then you don't know our technical director. If we can get 5 million Euro's from Dutch clubs for Georginio Wijnaldum and Leroy Fer (both with 1 year contract left) we can deffo get 5 million from a PL club for a much better player.

2010/11 Al Ahli 10 1

I'm encouraged by these stats....

we've needed a goalscoring midfielder for years

Yeah but the dutch league is gash compared to the premier league

Not saying he's a bad player but i don't expect him to improve on those stats in the PL

Can anyone please clear up my confusion: How can we have agreed terms with KEA if a fee has not yet been agreed between the clubs?

Great question...why has no-one asked it yet? :winkold:

Sarcastic bastard.

Hey, at least my question got answered. :)

Haha!

So did mine!!! I suppose great minds think alike....

No chance you'll get 5Million Euros, you'll get 3Million with potential add ons.
Then you don't know our technical director. If we can get 5 million Euro's from Dutch clubs for Georginio Wijnaldum and Leroy Fer (both with 1 year contract left) we can deffo get 5 million from a PL club for a much better player.
Ah, but you don't know our chief executive officer; you'll probably get €20m, first refusal on Darren Bent and a signed copy of Paul McGrath's cover album.

Â