Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

If we do sign him, presumably he's Petrov's replacement?

I hope we get a Premier League class replacement actually.

I think El-Ahmadi was good for Feijenoord but any level higher than the Eredivisie and I doub't he'd make it.

He's not that physically strong and while his vision is spot on I think he needs too much time on the ball to make those forward passes.

Would be pleased with this deal, assuming he's backup and not for the first team, but would also prefer Clasie for a couple million more.

El Ahmadi is deffo Premier League material and especially for Villa (if you don't mind me saying). Clasie is nowhere near PL level mainly because of his physique. He was subbed many a time this season because he had trouble adapting to the pace of the Eredivisie and therefore got tired after 70 mins. El Ahmadi was the real engine in midfield and he helped Clasie massively. When El Ahmadi wasn't in the team the midfield was 2 levels less.

El Ahmadi will not be the dominant creative playmaker on the ball (you rightly say that he is a bit of a mailman on the ball) but he can truly dominate a midfield and make sure that your team stays on the attack when pressing high up on the pitch.

For the people that do not know him...the vid below sums him up completely

Right on pretty much all accounts, but I still think most of the people on here are vastly overrating him. FWIW he can definitely do a job for us (especially for €2.8mill) but don't expect another Tioté. He is not the full on destroyer we need in midfield, he's actually quite similar to Barry but not as good.

And regariding Clasie: I'd prefer him because of his amazing talent. Yes he gets tired quickly but that's soething he can work on. For me he is a massive talent (even more than Gary Gardner IMO) and while it's true Feijenoord's midfield lacked when Clasie wasn't supported by KEA, I think the other way around was even more lacking.

The obvious answer would be to just sign them both! :D

By the way, a little fun fact: Feijenoord's very first home kit, back when they were still Wilhelmina was based on our very own Claret and Blue top!

If he was brought up in Holland there's a good chance he speaks some English I think.

Depending how much he paid attention in school he probably speaks better English than some of our squad. The Dutch are very academic it wouldn't surprise me if he was fluent in several languages.

If he was brought up in Holland there's a good chance he speaks some English I think.

El-Reacho, this isn't aimed at you by the way, it's just that it happens to be you that said it!... I need some clarification from a Dutch person!

Is Holland a small section of the country, similar to what Cornwall is to England for example. And the ACTUAL countries name is the 'Netherlands'. If so, why do people still call it Holland?

Right on pretty much all accounts, but I still think most of the people on here are vastly overrating him. FWIW he can definitely do a job for us (especially for €2.8mill) but don't expect another Tioté. He is not the full on destroyer we need in midfield, he's actually quite similar to Barry but not as good.

Then I'd say it would be a poor signing.

In the country at the moment too according to Sky

Feyenoord midfielder Karim El Ahmadi has confirmed that he is set to join Premier League side Aston Villa.

The 27-year-old Morocco international has just a year left on his current deal at De Kuip and he had been in talks over an extension.

But new Villa boss Paul Lambert has made his move for the midfielder and now El Ahmadi has revealed he is set to seal a 'dream' move.

"This is a dream for every player. I hope it will go through," he told RTV Rijnmond.

"I was on the verge of extending my contract but then this came along. I am 27, that's an age where you can look for a new challenge.

"For me the Premier League is the best league in the world. I didn't have to think long about it."

El Ahmadi is already in England as he awaits confirmation of an agreement between both clubs.

Then I'd say it would be a poor signing.

He's similar to Barry in what context? One pressurises players the other sits and holds, Is Lucas a destroyer, is Busquets a destroyer, a player i'd compare him to is Inler from Napoli, nicks the ball and passes it simple.

WithinPurple, you keep mentioning this Classie, what would be the cost in your opinion to prise him away? This guy looks very good in the games i've seen him in, he keeps it simple and has a massive engine.

It's hard to say really, but I should think €5m would prise him away.

Feijenoord still aren't financially stable enough to reject such an offer, but maybe Clasie wouldn't want to join us at this moment, with Feijenoord in the qualifying stages of the Champion's League. He's also the fan's favourite after this season.

EDIT:

He's similar to Barry in what context? One pressurises players the other sits and holds, Is Lucas a destroyer, is Busquets a destroyer, a player i'd compare him to is Inler from Napoli, nicks the ball and passes it simple.

He's similar to Barry in that he's a box-to-box midfielder, he won't sit in front of the back 4 and break up play but he will track back and try to catch others in possession, along with having a good passing range. Like Barry was for us when he was still here.

If we've been scouting Feyenoord, and it seems we have. Then surelly we must be interested in signing Man City loanee John Guidetti?

I actually watched quite a few Feyenoord games last season because Swedish telly was following Guidetti and the other swedes in Holland (Elm, Toivonen, Wernbloom...) and i like what i saw from El Ahmadi. He's no Tiote as someone pointed out, but he's a skillful player.

Even if we do sign him i still fell we need that ballwinning nasty agressive type before our central midfield is ready.

Dream signing is De Jong but we all know that ain't happening

Â