Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

No chance you'll get 5Million Euros, you'll get 3Million with potential add ons.

Then you don't know our technical director. If we can get 5 million Euro's from Dutch clubs for Georginio Wijnaldum and Leroy Fer (both with 1 year contract left) we can deffo get 5 million from a PL club for a much better player.

Jeez, he sounds like Daniel Van der Levy!!!

The latest news regarding the El Ahmadi transfer is that he has now agreed personal terms with Villa last night. He will come back to Holland and I think he will participate in the first training session of the season that will start today at 13:30. As I told you before...it could still take some before the transfer is complete because the clubs will start negotiations next week. Villa think 3 million Euro's might do the business....but I'm sure our technical director will want at least 5 million Euro's.

Thanks pal

It is good to hear the news from that side of the North Sea. One question I do have is why would Feyenoord have let him fly to England and discuss a transfer if a fee hadnt been agreed in principle?

That's quite normal in Holland. If the player doesn't want to move or cannot reach an agreement, it saves a lot of negotiation time between clubs.

The agreement that El Ahmadi has with Villa is an agreement 'in priciple'. Once the clubs have agreed a fee...everything will be put on paper and El Ahmadi signs the contract.

So basically this transfer is nowhere near as close to completion as it would be if he was signing from an English club. The clubs could still fail to agree on a fee, or another club could beat our offer.

Effectively (as I understand it), we are still at the auction and he could end up going anywhere.

No chance you'll get 5Million Euros, you'll get 3Million with potential add ons.

Then you don't know our technical director. If we can get 5 million Euro's from Dutch clubs for Georginio Wijnaldum and Leroy Fer (both with 1 year contract left) we can deffo get 5 million from a PL club for a much better player.

Difference being there, is the age of both players, they are both prospects with potential to improve, the player we're looking at is 27.

El Ahmadi's career so far:

2003/04 FC Twente 7 0 Eredivisie

2004/05 FC Twente 19 1 Eredivisie

2005/06 FC Twente 8 0 Eredivisie

2006/07 FC Twente 22 2 Eredivisie

2007/08 FC Twente 33 0 Eredivisie

2008/09 Feyenoord 22 2 Eredivisie

2009/10 Feyenoord 26 0 Eredivisie

2010/11 Al Ahli 10 1

2010/11 Feyenoord 15 0 Eredivisie

2011/12 Feyenoord 31 2 Eredivisie

Total: 193 8

I'm encouraged by these stats....

we've needed a goalscoring midfielder for years

I assumed that the second number was his substitute apps.

Feyenood, a slightly different question? Whats your view on Holman?

Decent squad player I guess.

Came to Feyenoord with Brett Emerton a long time ago but couldn't really make it with us. He has improved a lot over the last few years and will do a decent job. He's not the most exciting player to watch but will always get a 6 because of his work rate. He was really complementary to Maarten Martens and Adam Maher at AZ last season who are exceptional footballers and the brains in midfield and Holman was sort of the waterboy.

2010/11 Al Ahli 10 1

Think we should also chuck in the fact that he's actually a DEFENSIVE Midfielder. :idea:

2010/11 Al Ahli 10 1

It's appearances then goals - so last season 31 app 2 goals.

Not sure if the original poster was being sarcastic. Due to his 8 goals in 193 apps. But he is a DM so chipping in with a few goals isn't bad at all.

2010/11 Al Ahli 10 1

It's usually appearances and goals but can be starts and substitute appearances. I'm sure the answer will be along shortly.

Even if it prove to be a lack of goals, it is possible to be a decent DM and not score that much.

Difference being there, is the age of both players, they are both prospects with potential to improve, the player we're looking at is 27.

This also can be arugued both ways. El Ahmadi is in his prime and a proven performer.

Wijnaldum and Fer 'could improve' but have both taken a sharp decline since leaving our club.

BTW:

The chart is appearances and (lack of) goals.

Ah, but you don't know our chief executive officer; you'll probably get €20m, first refusal on Darren Bent and a signed copy of Paul McGrath's cover album.

As has been discussed elsewhere they are only interested in Lee Tower albums...

Can anyone shed light on the physical effects Ramadan can have on a footballer at this level. Have his performances dipped in previous years?

Steve Bruce signed an Egyptian defender for Sunderland a while back and was asked if the player would be fasting during Ramadan - he said he'd no idea what it even was.

Steve Bruce signed an Egyptian defender for Sunderland a while back and was asked if the player would be fasting during Ramadan - he said he'd no idea what it even was.

steve bruce is not known for his intelligence but that just takes the biscuit am sure even Wayne Rooney knows what it is

Can anyone shed light on the physical effects Ramadan can have on a footballer at this level. Have his performances dipped in previous years?

Ramadan has effects on people at ANY level who fast so I would assume professional football would be off the cards completley in all forms. you are basically not allowed to eat, or drink, or smoke, or listen to music, or anything impure at all until sunset. (Not even water to the lips or anything). Ppl are usually miserable as fcuck during this period around the normal workplace and work is usually cut down from 8 - 6 hours per day here. Ppl basically flip the night and day around out here (Qatar).

True - however there can be exceptions made whereby you don't need to fast (if for example your type of work has an effect on your wellbeing if you fast). The person can make up for missing a fast at another time.

Â