Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

So if he has a slow start to his Villa career are we going to say its because he fasted? You boys are hilarious.

It's so true though, he will need the season to get over it :)

So if he has a slow start to his Villa career are we going to say its because he fasted? You boys are hilarious.

On the other hand if he gets off to flying start - will Lambo put the rest of the squad on a fasting regime.

I know the majority of posters are just taking the piss but this Ramadan debate is not that funny. :shock:

Most athletes who choose to strictly observe Ramadan do so with the benefit of special nutritional programs to counter dehydration in daytime training.

Many choose to eat on competitions days and substitute days in terms of fasting. It has never had any effect on Yaya Toure or Karim Benzema’s level of performance.

My response to "bannedfromHandV" was a little sarcastic, but this was the point I was trying to make.

El Ahmadi won't be the first muslim to play professional football.

There have been plenty of muslim football players at this level in this country and abroad and fasting doesn't seem to be a problem for any of them.

It's just something for us to get agitated about for no reason :D

On the other hand if he gets off to flying start - will Lambo put the rest of the squad on a fasting regime.

Sounds like a good idea actually. Dunne will be putting in a transfer request quicker than you can say "own goal".

Can anyone shed light on the physical effects Ramadan can have on a footballer at this level. Have his performances dipped in previous years?

Steve Bruce signed an Egyptian defender for Sunderland a while back and was asked if the player would be fasting during Ramadan - he said he'd no idea what it even was.

Ramadan has effects on people at ANY level who fast so I would assume professional football would be off the cards completley in all forms. you are basically not allowed to eat, or drink, or smoke, or listen to music, or anything impure at all until sunset. (Not even water to the lips or anything). Ppl are usually miserable as fcuck during this period around the normal workplace and work is usually cut down from 8 - 6 hours per day here. Ppl basically flip the night and day around out here (Qatar).

I played Sunday League with a few lads who fasted during Ramadan and it did effect them on the pitch, they just didn't have the energy required to compete as they normally would and that's just Sunday League! Would shudder at the thought of signing someone in a similar position.....

footballers are allowed to eat during ramadan

http://www.thelocal.de/sport/20110803-36713.html

I know the majority of posters are just taking the piss but this Ramadan debate is not that funny. :shock:

Most athletes who choose to strictly observe Ramadan do so with the benefit of special nutritional programs to counter dehydration in daytime training.

Many choose to eat on competitions days and substitute days in terms of fasting. It has never had any effect on Yaya Toure or Karim Benzema’s level of performance.

My response to "bannedfromHandV" was a little sarcastic, but this was the point I was trying to make.

El Ahmadi won't be the first muslim to play professional football.

There have been plenty of muslim football players at this level in this country and abroad and fasting doesn't seem to be a problem for any of them.

It's just something for us to get agitated about for no reason :D

It's a topical situation that isn't factored in to Football Manager!! How will we cope!!

We will lose him every two years for the African Cup of Nations :(

He could turn out to be shite, no use worrying about that just yet!

no but he's a defensive midfielder. Gareth Barrys done alright for himself.

El Ahmadi is very fast and feisty. I'm sure he can run the 100m twice as fast as Barry.

The latest news is that Feyenoord and Villa will probably start and round up the negotiations early next week. Feyenoord started pre-season today and El Ahmadi didn't take part in the session. He will probably stay at home for the next few days and await the negotiations.

Not sure why we need this guy
Go on then, who do we need?

**** KNEW IT! :bang:

?

I go on holiday to Australia on Monday evening, so I'll be away from the internet for a good couple of days, so I'll probably miss the official confirmation. :lol:

Â