Staying at Wigan: Roberto Martinez (Wigan Athletic)

VillanousOne

Nah he's surely off to pool... I don't think we are now capable of attracting any one of any Ilk.

Whelan just been on TV saying basically he ill probably go to Pool unless they won't give him complete control over football matters from youth to 1st team...But its totally different to the belittling stuff we got pasted with last summer....Oh & this!

If he's appointed I'm going to sit on RAWK with some popcorn.

And flick back to Villatalk occasionally for a similar meltdown about how we WEREN'T able to attract him here.

Ye ’re just not getting it, Henry and Lerner are meeting several candidates.

The only thing that matters is the final announcement.

Thank god there is finally someone with a bit of sense on here...

Mods please lock this before it gets more embarrassing

Martinez turned us down 12 months ago

Since then we've got even shitter and actually finished below a vey shite Wigan

He won't come here, please lock and stop lots of heartbreak to other VT'ers

Why do you always ask for threads to be locked when you've had enough of it? If you've had enough then simply stop reading it...surely that isn't too hard is it?

The Mods are Mods for a reason and i'm sure they know when to call it a day on a thread, the fact there is a photo of Martinez and Henry doesn't mean it is done and dusted at all. Henry will be meeting a few candidates i'm sure, and there is a possibility that Lerner has also met him he just didn't get caught on camera with him.

And if i was Martinez and a couple of teams came in for me, I think i'd speak to them both to see what was the best offer for me.

Until Villa, Liverpool or Martinez himself officially says something i see no reason at all to lock this thread, just because you are bored of it.

Mods please lock this before it gets more embarrassing

Martinez turned us down 12 months ago

Since then we've got even shitter and actually finished below a vey shite Wigan

He won't come here, please lock and stop lots of heartbreak to other VT'ers

Why do you always ask for threads to be locked when you've had enough of it? If you've had enough then simply stop reading it...surely that isn't too hard is it?

The Mods are Mods for a reason and i'm sure they know when to call it a day on a thread, the fact there is a photo of Martinez and Henry doesn't mean it is done and dusted at all. Henry will be meeting a few candidates i'm sure, and there is a possibility that Lerner has also met him he just didn't get caught on camera with him.

And if i was Martinez and a couple of teams came in for me, I think i'd speak to them both to see what was the best offer for me.

Until Villa, Liverpool or Martinez himself officially says something i see no reason at all to lock this thread, just because you are bored of it.

One thing you must understand about CI is he tries to ruin every thread with his drivel.

He succeeds in most cases.

Theres to many bridges for it to be Martinez

1.We might no go for him as he turned us down last year

2.Whelan might not give permission for us to speak to him

3.He might take the liverpool job

4.He may reject us again and decide to stay at wigan

If we had one of those obstacles in the way - it might be a runner - but for them all to fall in our 'favour' seems improbable

Far better to pick him up for nothing when he gets sacked in November !

Whelan has been very critical of Liverpool approach to their managerial search in his interview. Also said wants Martinez decision really soon

Whelan is just a word removed

The best thing Bobby M. could do is to ignore everything Whelan says and try making his own decisions for himself. Is he paying Whelan to be his advisor? No? Then shut the **** up Dave you old ****.

T

2.Whelan might not give permission for us to speak to him

Not sure how many times this has to be posted but Martinez is out of contract very shortly, we do not need Whelan's permission to talk to Martinez.

We talk to him, announce he's joining us on 1st July then Whelan can either release him from the last month or risk employing someone for a month to gain, absolutely nothing!