Staying at Wigan: Roberto Martinez (Wigan Athletic)

VillanousOne

What would people think to a RM with Steve Clarke as his number 2? A very tactically minded man who is good at stting up and organising the defensive side to the game.

I could definitely support that - sounds a potentially good combination.

I think RM would create us a footballing style that is played at every level, like what hasppens at Barca. The youth play the same way as the first team. The whole club, all the staff are coached in the Barca way. Thats what makes it easier for their reserve team manager to step up and be sucessfull.

That what i want for the villa. I know its a long shot and a massive statement but maybe RM could be our Cruyff.

This speculation that he's spoken to us and not L'Pool...how would it be possible if he's under contract!? Wouldn't we need Whelan's permission?

If you look at the BBC headline he's obviously had permission to talk to both clubs... it's just Lerner will have asked Whelan not to speak about it.

Perhaps LFC owners haven't bothered to ask so he can shoot his mouth of about them as much as he wants.

Whelan has said in the past few days that Villa were interested IIRC.

This speculation that he's spoken to us and not L'Pool...how would it be possible if he's under contract!? Wouldn't we need Whelan's permission?

If you look at the BBC headline he's obviously had permission to talk to both clubs... it's just Lerner will have asked Whelan not to speak about it.

Perhaps LFC owners haven't bothered to ask so he can shoot his mouth of about them as much as he wants.

Whelan has said in the past few days that Villa were interested IIRC.

What headline, Julie?

At least N'Zogbia seems to know how to play football under him. That would be like an instant new 10 million pound signing right away.

Don't tell Lerner that.

Yeah, he'd take 10 million out of the alleged 8 million transfer kitty and the new manager would have to stump up 2 million for the privilege of managing the club. :)

So OGS not interested, RM speaking to Pool

(not us), Lambert apparently not interested!! Where the **** do we go from here!?!!

Like we've done the past two time, just get a shitter or past it manager.

Also. Why do people think we choose manager plus assistant?

We pick the manager. They choose their assistant.

So can people please stop suggesting someone + clarke!

We would need to be VERY fortunate for that to happen.

I think that picture is fake. If you have a look at the necks something doesnt look quite right

...and they just happen to be walking past a souvenir shop with Mickey Mouse in the window? And why take away Coffee's, surely they would be meeting in a nice restaurant or similar and not getting a take out to drink in the local park?