Staying at Wigan: Roberto Martinez (Wigan Athletic)

VillanousOne

Also. Why do people think we choose manager plus assistant?

We pick the manager. They choose their assistant.

So can people please stop suggesting someone + clarke!

We would need to be VERY fortunate for that to happen.

errr...No sorry WE can't, where I come from it's deemed bad luck not to mention people in pairs. So on top of Poyet & Clarke, I'd like to moot Gianfranco Zola & Ray Wilkins, Rafa Benitez & Pako Ayesteran, Simon Grayson & Larry David, Roobarb & Custard and Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five... Just off to check the odds on Betfair!

According to 'The Times' this morning, Martinez is preparing to fly from his Barbados holiday to meet with FSG in Boston.

I feel sure that Mr Lerner has met with Martinez at some point over the past week, and whilst I think that our owner probably admires the loyalty Martinez showed 12 months ago, and therefore doesn't hold that against him, I don't see him hanging the club on to see how RM gets on with Liverpool.

Mr Lerner has two other highly credible candidates, both of whom would be popular with the support, and one of whom we know would walk across the North Sea to take the job.

I think it is one of two, and Martinez is now out of the frame.

Love it TREES, did you watch the game tonight? Molde were 1 nil down at half time, Rokke and i think his wife stood and clapped to a half time chorus of Sisters Sledge " WE ARE FAMILY" i watched the game at a friends house hence the late post

At full time when Molde won 3-2 i'm sure i heard a Molde fan singing "Say Hello And Wave Goodbye" Soft Cell back in the 80's hit.....i still think there is intrest there only a matter of getting through this weekend without appointing the wrong person.

Roll on May 29th. not ITK just a hunch.

I also dont believe martinez would be carrying an iPad. And certainly not a first generation iPad which that is

That has cracked it Craigy1874 it is a fake beyond reasonable doubt and as Villaninoz has said take away coffee is a give away as they would not be talking over things in public. :winkold:

If he wants the job he can have it for me. We could do a lot worse (as we have done previously) and I am not sure we could do any better. Keeping Wigan up for as long as he has and getting them playing like they were at the end of last season has sold him to me it might just be the start of something special.

The heads don't look quite right either, and would Henrys foot really not visible at all through Martinez's legs, is there any shadow?

(looking on my phone so the pic isn't that great anyway but those things stand out.... )

....or it's just real and we should get over the fact my fourth choice isn't coming?

Shocked they would do this in public and over take away coffee if it is real which the second picture suggests it might be. I guess he is just letting him down lightly and telling him we are his choice. If not our list of potential managers is getting shorter by the day. What next Poyet for WBA?

Even if Martinez is talking to Liverpool bosses, doesn't mean it's going to necessarily happen.

It's bad news for Wigan fans though, they want to keep him and it now means there's 2 clubs interested in him.. if he thinks Liverpool is too much of a jump up for him, now there's us to be that bridge..

Mods please lock this before it gets more embarrassing

Martinez turned us down 12 months ago

Since then we've got even shitter and actually finished below a vey shite Wigan

He won't come here, please lock and stop lots of heartbreak to other VT'ers