Staying at Wigan: Roberto Martinez (Wigan Athletic)

VillanousOne

Don't agree, they were both poor appointments. McLeish had what reputation, the fans were fair to GH until his Liverpool debacle and his gaffs about what sized club we are, well McLeish don't think i need to comment. As for RM he'd have an easier ride here than Anfield in my opinion.

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews

Dave Whelan: Liverpool have made Roberto Martinez an offer #SSN

ESPN Soccernet ‏@ESPNSoccernet

Roberto Martinez wants assurances over the level of control he will have over team affairs before agreeing to become #LFC's new boss.

I can't blame for Martinez wanting control over the youth setup, I think most modern-day managers worth their salt should have control over it.

One of the main reasons our youth prospects have struggled to make an impact in our first team this past season and under O'Neill is because our reserves play fast-paced, attacking and possession-style football but our first team don't and haven't for a long time. I think the modern-day thinking, and I certainly back it, is that the reserves and youth team levels should all play the same formation and have the same football philosophy as the first team. It should run down through all of the levels of the club so that when a youth prospect comes into the first team they know the tactics and the formation and are comfortable playing that kind of football because they have done for years beforehand.

I wouldn't be that excited with Martinez becoming the new manager necessarily, but I don't think he'd need to change our youth setup drastically. Instead it's the first team that need to change. We would suffer for a season or two under any manager who wants to change our style of play (like Houllier did, although I make no excuses for making these changes too quickly and his various PR gaffs), but I truly believe we need to adopt possession style football in order to ensure long-term survival in the Premier League, which over the next few years will see more teams adopt the same approach. We can't get left behind.

This is why I was excited at the though of OGS because he's more likely to play this brand of football than other candidates and is young and experienced coaching youth team players. If we don't have the money to spend on buying players then we need to use our talented youth more.

There are some managers we're being linked with that won't make these changes and will maintain the status quo, and that concerns me a lot.

this still has legs!!

Times Sport ‏@TimesSport

Confusion reigns as sources close to FSG deny claims by Dave Whelan that #lfc have offered Roberto Martinez manager's job at Anfield #wafc

got a feeling RM will turn it down if offered , due to the fact he doent wanna work with a DOF on top of him!.

tumblr_lgzu4br6rp1qeou26.gif

this still has legs!!

Times Sport ‏@TimesSport

Confusion reigns as sources close to FSG deny claims by Dave Whelan that #lfc have offered Roberto Martinez manager's job at Anfield #wafc

got a feeling RM will turn it down if offered , due to the fact he doent wanna work with a DOF on top of him!.

just do OMG instead of showing us u like glee , which s shit!! :D

this still has legs!!

Times Sport ‏@TimesSport

I love Kurt Humel :suspect: