Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

10 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Lost 6kgs in 5 weeks :o 

Shows how out of shape he was / shows how hard he's training? 

Really isn't that phonomenal. I lost 2 stone in 2 months following Joe wicks meal plan and working out 4 times a week for 20-30 mins. 6kg is less than a stone.

Honestly he can not run at all, like not even a little bit. It actually hinders the other forwards as they cannot rotate, press or make runs efficiency as he can get in position fast enough. It's like watching a sprinter in slow motion, if that sprinter was also massively unathletic.

• Like 1

He played like someone who has not played football for probably 8 months and might be rusty as well as lacking confidence. SHOCKER :/.

There is absolutely no bias in me saying I don't think he did anything terrible, or great, just meh, as they all were during that period, aside from when he got it in the goal area and made a complete mess of it which I called out in the match thread.

Without kicking a ball he is already hated so extreme reactions are going to be expected even more so now.

We already know :

*He is a shit footballer

*He is only the record goalscorer because he has been given a free ride for so long at AVFC, and his goal return for a forward is actually pathetic

*His behaviour is unforgivable

*He doesn't deserve to wear the shirt again

*He doesn't give a toss about the football club and has been taking the piss out of AVFC and the fans and just collecting wages

*The fact that he had to be put on a fitness regimen in the first place to lose 6 KG shows what a clearing in the woods he is

*He has multiple baby mothers

*He is thick

*He ate all the pies.

Got it all out the way for you lot, so we can hopefully concentrate on actual football and the positives around the club at the moment. CHEERS ;)

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

Honestly he can not run at all, like not even a little bit. It actually hinders the other forwards as they cannot rotate, press or make runs efficiency as he can get in position fast enough. It's like watching a sprinter in slow motion, if that sprinter was also massively unathletic.

^This. I can't see how anyone can say he did one beneficial thing in the game.

• Like 1

I thought he was ok tonight, pressed the back line and won some free kicks. When he went off we lost some of that pressing from our overall team game. Sure, Ayew is a far better player, but Gabby offers something different to the team.

• Like 2

He's lucky to get yet another chance but if he carries on working hard off the ball then I won't complain and he'll be a decent option in the squad but he needs to step it up further and progress, not think he's done the hard work now he's lost excess weight be shouldn't have had in the first place. I would have Gabby on the wing though and Kodja through the middle if he is going to persist with Gabby playing. Maintain/step up the effort further and people will struggle to complain but I'm not convinced just yet. Too many false dawns but if he is to get some form back I think it will be because of Bruce's management. 

I'm not certain what he brings.

• He's not a target to hit.
  • He's not particularly clever/good on the ball.
  • He's not good in the air.
  • He's not good with his back to goal.
  • He's generally not a good shot.
  • He doesn't make good decisions.

He's quick - but not like he used to be. I can't think of anything he offers that the rest of our forward pack haven't got covered already.

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He played like someone who has not played football for probably 8 months and might be rusty as well as lacking confidence. SHOCKER :/.

There is absolutely no bias in me saying I don't think he did anything terrible, or great, just meh, as they all were during that period, aside from when he got it in the goal area and made a complete mess of it which I called out in the match thread.

Without kicking a ball he is already hated so extreme reactions are going to be expected even more so now.

We already know :

*He is a shit footballer

*He is only the record goalscorer because he has been given a free ride for so long at AVFC, and his goal return for a forward is actually pathetic

*His behaviour is unforgivable

*He doesn't deserve to wear the shirt again

*He doesn't give a toss about the football club and has been taking the piss out of AVFC and the fans and just collecting wages

*The fact that he had to be put on a fitness regimen in the first place to lose 6 KG shows what a clearing in the woods he is

*He has multiple baby mothers

*He is thick

*He ate all the pies.

Got it all out the way for you lot, so we can hopefully concentrate on actual football and the positives around the club at the moment. CHEERS ;)

Straws at clutching are you- JV do the maths!

Â