Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-steve-bruce-12232911?

No but Bruce he just proved how shite he is, look at how he performed last week after 6 months out. None of this common sense not played for a long time need to get up to speed rust like any other player bollox.

Just ludicrous, seriously having doubts about Bruce now...:ph34r:

With respect, Bruce showed how much of a modern, forward thinking manager he was when he put Micah Richards in his first side. We aren't talking about one of the games great innovators here -as evidenced by the roll call of dross he has managed prior to us.    

Michah Richards played a decent season and a bit for Citeh nearly ten yeas ago = lets put him straight in the first team. 

Gabby takes a year off but Bruce remembers he was quite good in 2009 = back in the team as soon as he turns up for a few training sessions.  If Lescott hadn't been bombed out we'd probably see him shoehorned into the side as well. 

It's a grim set of circumstances that makes Bruce an upgrade on what we have had in recent years, but an upgrade he is. With that, you take the rough with the smooth. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

With respect, Bruce showed how much of a modern, forward thinking manager he was when he put Micah Richards in his first side (How many games has Micah played since then - what have our results been like?). We aren't talking about one of the games great innovators here -as evidenced by the roll call of dross he has managed prior to us.    (You mean the dross he repeatedly promoted from the League we're currently in - wouldn't that almost make him a BETTER manager? What does that make us? Did you watch last season?)

Michah Richards played a decent season and a bit for Citeh nearly ten yeas ago = lets put him straight in the first team. 

55085182.jpg

Gabby takes a year off but Bruce remembers he was quite good in 2009 = back in the team as soon as he turns up for a few training sessions.  If Lescott hadn't been bombed out we'd probably see him shoehorned into the side as well.

55085182.jpg

It's a grim set of circumstances that makes Bruce an upgrade on what we have had in recent years, but an upgrade he is. With that, you take the rough with the smooth.  (Probably the only near accurate statement in that post)

You actually only have to read some of his interviews (On the actual matches and players in question) to see the answers to why he made those decisions re:Richards and Gabby instead of making wild claims as if you are the oracle or ITK.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

Maybe Gabby is great for you still on FIFA and you have some odd attachment to him. Kudos to you. 

Prior to the Wolves game, Bruce said Micah had been a big player at Man Citeh at one point and had been good enough to play for England.  He said similar about Gabby being quite good a few years ago. It's as deep (ie not very) and as ITK as that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HolteExile said:

Maybe Gabby is great for you still on FIFA and you have some odd attachment to him. Kudos to you. 

Prior to the Wolves game, Bruce said Micah had been a big player at Man Citeh at one point and had been good enough to play for England.  He said similar about Gabby being quite good a few years ago. It's as deep (ie not very) and as ITK as that. 

Right, so because the manager came out and said positive things about his own players, bigging them up (man management) that is a shocker,and lead you to believe that he is thick enough to play them only based on Micah once being good at City and Gabby being good in 2009. (When is he bringing Brian Little back in?) This would indicate that you are perhaps closer to 12 than I am.

This is bigger than Gabby, if you had posted the same crap in the Steve Bruce, or Micah Richards thread (without mentioning Gabby) I would have said the same, it just so happens that this is in the Gabby thread and you referred to him also.

FYI, i'm not even talking about Gabby coming good or not at this point (I'm over it). I am talking about the amazing tripe that is spouted just because he is not liked, he is not given the same leeway as others and that is FACT.

Would you consider RDM a modern, forward thinking manager? (I liked him before he came here btw).

Here is where he is headed now:

http://the72.co.uk/68775/former-villa-boss-set-for-german-job/?

It has now been reported that 2. Bundesliga outfit TSV 1860 Munich would like Di Matteo to become the club’s new manager after the German club sacked former boss Kosta Runjaic earlier this week. The Lions are sitting one point above the relegation places in the league table after winning just three of their opening 13 league matches. TSV 1860 Munich have won just once in nine league outings and Di Matteo’s first task if appointed will be to steer the club away from relegation trouble.

League 2 of the Bundesliga.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

There is no logical reason why gabby should be in the team.

The decision to bring him back certainly is peculiar and not something I'm particularly fond of, but it is possible to make logical arguments for his inclusion, you understandably, just don't like them either...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bottle Maker said:

I have no idea why Gabby or any other player is in the team. i, I don't spend my week working with the AVFC squad or have any experience managing sportsmen.  I do know that AVFC went away to the team second from top in the Championship and came away with a point.  Since Steve Bruce has become manager the team that I support has made significant improvements.    I will be leaving in an hour to start travelling to Villa park to support them team and in particular the ones the manager chooses to put on the pitch.  

:clap:

3 hours ago, HolteExile said:

Gabby takes a year off but Bruce remembers he was quite good in 2009

You're taking the manager to be a bit of a fool if you believe he is picking him based on his recollection of what he did several years ago. If that was the case he'd have started him against Wolves.

Bruce has said he wiped the slate clean when he arrived, as you would expect from any manager who is confident in his own ability to judge players, and since then Gabby has trained hard, lost over a stone in weight and from what Bruce has said impressed his team mates with the way he has applied himself.

Ability wise Bruce does, perhaps surprisingly to some, seem to really rate him. Like the rest of us I don't see him in training but it is not beyond the realms, given he is training alongside a number of other forwards who have either not yet been deemed good enough to play in the top flight or who have and not done particularly well when they did, that Agbonlahor, who spent his whole career prior to this season in the Premier League scoring 80 odd goals, could well be outshining some of them.

I think it is almost certain to be the case that Bruce is picking him based on what he sees in training rather than what he did years ago. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

Not really a Gabby fan but it seems to me those criticising his Inclusion are the ones basing their views on the past (by definition) whereas the Manager is the one basing his selection on what he is seeing in the present.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bottle Maker said:

I have no idea why Gabby or any other player is in the team. i, I don't spend my week working with the AVFC squad or have any experience managing sportsmen.  I do know that AVFC went away to the team second from top in the Championship and came away with a point.  Since Steve Bruce has become manager the team that I support has made significant improvements.    I will be leaving in an hour to start travelling to Villa park to support them team and in particular the ones the manager chooses to put on the pitch.  

The logical extrapolation from that is that we do not discuss players or our opinion of whether they should be in the team or not, may as well close the site 

27 minutes ago, Richard said:

The logical extrapolation from that is that we do not discuss players or our opinion of whether they should be in the team or not, may as well close the site 

I think he means that it's ok to be less critical when we're doing well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I want Bruce sacked for picking Gabby. Rather we started losing matches again than have Gabby in and us picking up points and moving up the table.

You know there are a couple who REALLY do feel this way but just come short of typing it right?

• Like 1

Â