Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

1 hour ago, useless said:

From where he was to being told he can leave on a free transfer before he's reached 30, is a big comedown. I feel sorry for him, pity he couldn't have left on a higher note.

Remind yourself he is on £57K p.w. and the debacle of the season just gone.

That footballer complacency/arrogance got the better of him, file him under David Bentley - i.e. when a new contract (both £ and duration) massively outweighs the talent or desire.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Remind yourself he is on £57K p.w. and the debacle of the season just gone.

That footballer complacency/arrogance got the better of him, file him under David Bentley - i.e. when a new contract (both £ and duration) massively outweighs the talent or desire.

in fairness the new contract he got in 2014 was absolute shocking management

I dont blame Gabby for accepting that one

• Like 2

3 hours ago, useless said:

From where he was to being told he can leave on a free transfer before he's reached 30, is a big comedown. I feel sorry for him, pity he couldn't have left on a higher note.

Well yes it is a shame but I pity us as fans more than him. When he's wiping his tears up with 50s I'm sure he'll be fine.

4 hours ago, Nigel said:

Really?

Id say he reached his potential, perhaps even exceeded it.

First choice striker in a purple patch era, our all time record goalscorer in the prem, inside top 25 of all time villa scorers.

Hes been bad for a good few years but jesus, credit where its due!

He's getting no credit whatsoever from me- I think to have played the amount of games that he has and to not have reached 100 goals is pretty poor in my opinion so that status of being our record premier league goal scorer has a very hollow look about it for me. 

To think I knew you when you had nothing at all
And now you've got your back to the wall
It only goes to show
You'll always reap just what you sow

You had no reason for being so bad
You had the world in the palm of your hand
It only goes to show

I didn't think of vengeance
Don't forget I loved you once
And now it's turned full circle
You just won't find another chance

Look how the mighty have managed to fall
Your fancy words didn't help you at all
It only goes to show

Bit of 80s soft rock, but if Gabby has been rejected in such a public manner by the club then it's kinda apt.  :ph34r:

Edited by The_Rev

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

in fairness the new contract he got in 2014 was absolute shocking management

I dont blame Gabby for accepting that one

Something very strange happened in that short time frame during the late summer of 2014, Lambert, Hutton and Gabby all were awarded new deals. It is like someone spiked the water supply at Villa Park, it is the only logical explanation I can think of.

• Like 1

On 6 August 2016 at 20:53, brummybloke said:
6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This might be predictable from me but I actually am sad about this. I grew up in the era with these lads close to my age if you know what mean. So progressed with them as a Villa fan from debuts to good times and hype. The more of them which leave, sort of leaves a certain disconnect (which i will obviously get over in time.) I still think him, as well as some of our other players got unfair stick, and were also victims of the overall demise of the club. Once again, Gabby is only one player, it's not coincidence that so many players have come here and turned to 'shite'. Altough people nearsightledley talk alot of crap about him, you simply can't forget the important goals he has scored over the years, AND YES he has played huge parts of keeping us up in the past. I can tell you for a fact he loves the club from the bottom of his heart. I hope he doesn't have to play against Villa ever and would prefer he went to another country or something. I wish him well wherever he goes, and condemn the losers who feel it necessary to wish ill on the man when they don't know him personally. (He is not the clearing in the woods alot of you try to portray him as and i am certain some of you know it)

New Era and all that. We go again I guess.

He's scored how many goals in the last 5 seasons? He's no where near as important as you try to make out. Yes I agree with you re: the personal abuse he receives this should not happen, but I only speak of him as a professional footballer and I for one are glad that his villa days are finally numbered. If you want to revere a local boy done good- let's talk about Gary Shaw for a change. Proper class act and cruelly robbed of a magnificent career by injury

Edited by Dave J
Spelling correction

A bit like an ex wife/girlfriend who was so lovely the first five years then turned into some one really lazy and unloving. 

She takes your money and takes you down.

do you want to remember the first 5 years, that are gone, never to come back? or do you want to get on with the here and now shit your in because of her, and work your way back up from here?

oh but she used to be so lovely and made me so happy.

Totally screwed now 60k a week lighter hanging around like a bad smell cos noone else will take him.

All because he didnt give a F*** and gave enough priotity to other things to the detriment to his job, the club and the fans.

F*** **f

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

He is a forward with a goalscoring record of 7.6 goals per year on average over an 11 year period. Regardless of anything else this simply isn't good enough.

Hell, John Terry has managed an average of 4 per year in the same 11 year period.

Absolutely bang on the money- totally limited footballer- IMO and have no nostalgic feelings about him in any way shape or form.

just want to officially hear that he's done here as soon as possible 

Â